Is GSP the GOAT?

GOAT is subjective and it depends on the criteria being used to make this judgement

Is it winning only that counts? is it the way in which the champion won? relative rank of competition at the time is also very important

As much as I personally like George, I would say that Anderson's run as a champion was more impressive, although the last 2 fights certainly taint his legacy a bit

I wish people would stop giving fighters gruff for their age vs. prime. GSP has been in so many 25-minute bouts that just by the physical grind I guarantee you his body is no longer in great shape. Fedor's wars and second sport of combat sambo also put a toll on his body. And I absolutely believe GSP when he says being the champ and defending over and over really wears on you physically and mentally.

the conservative approach and lack of finishing will always taint his legacy. it's hard to call someone the GOAT who was always content to go to decision.

and this is coming from someone whose favorite fighter was GSP during his run.

it's one thing to have a lot of your fights go to decision, it's another to have it as an actual part of your strategy. I just finished his book and he has no problems saying it outright - he had no interest in finishing after he got his belt back.

clearly the WW goat, just not passing fedor anytime soon.

In terms of accolades and mma records, yes. GSP is the GOAT. Overall though, Anderson.

No. but he is definitely top 3 and will be there for a while.

I can see the argument for Georges as #1 but also see the argument for Fedor or Anderson at #1. In the end there may be no argument to be made other than Bones #1 at the rate he is going.

GSP Silva and Fedor are all amazing fighters having any of them as goat is perfectly acceptable.

None of them should be bashed all have earned their place in history

Georges St. Pierre
gsp.jpg

The Best Eva!

its always going to be debatable.. but IMO he retired early with less then 30 fights, I will always hold that against him personally.. its an opinion though man ur not gonna get a straight answer

GSP Silva and Fedor are all amazing fighters having any of them as goat is perfectly acceptable.

None of them should be bashed all have earned their place in history

this

Back