Is GSP the GOAT?

GSP lost to Serra who was smaller and I think unranked. Fedor lost to Hendo who was smaller and unranked. Anderson lost to Chonan and Takase. Who is GOAT then?

Hendo was actually ranked at LHW. Serra, Takase & Chonan weren't ranked in any division.

Fedor
Anderson
GSP

Mehh, losing in his Prime really hurts him. Fedor GOAT but GSP got close, maybe if he didn't lose to Serra but since he lost to Hughes and Serra that bumped him down imo. Still had a tough schedule.

Anderson was stopped twice in his prime.

Fedor and Silva both fought pretty bad competition at times, I find it stupid when some people say Fedor fought cans but then they turn around and praise Silva as the greatest of all time.

Georges won his fights, man, can't really say much else.

He's one of the greatest of all time, and in my opinion he would have beat Anderson if they ever fought.

Floyd maywhether has a better record than Ali do you think he is the goat lol

Hell no gap is not the goat he was by far leaps behind Silva and fador don't get me wrong gap is one of the best ever to be the goat you have to carry your self as such hell IMO Randy is higher on the list than gap look at what he did for the sport and how he carried himself and conducted him self as a champ never made excuses and always gave him all

You can be sure that if we switched the year in which they were born, Mayweather would probably be considered the goat over ali. Somehow in sports, the older folks gets much more props compared to the new breed. Was Gordie Howe really on the same skill level as Mario Lemieux? Obviously not and it wasn't even close. Yet he gets more recognition than Lemieux just because he happened to play two billion years ago.

For me GSP and Fedor are at the same level.
Silva is just one step back.

GSP retired with the most wins in UFC history, the most wins in UFC title fights, a better win % than both Andy & Fedor, almost as many top 5 wins as both of them combined & avenged all losses.......

^^^Whoever pointed that out to you is a very smart (and handsome man):icon_chee

I really don't see how or why you could have GSP over Anderson at this point.(let alone Fedor)

Andy has both major UFC records(consecutive wins/consecutive title defenses), more wins, more top 10 ranked wins, more finishes(both knockouts and submissions), fought in 3 different weight divisions(beating at least one champion in every weight class), and was even more popular/famous when it was all said and done.

From a "legacy" standpoint, what did GSP do that Anderson didn't do better besides going out on top?

Stats below have been updated post UFC 167.

Georges

Anderson GOAT MW
Anderson GOAT LHW (judging by his performancce against Forrest)
Anderson GOAT WW (judging by his performance against Sakurai)
Anderson GOAT LW (im sure he could make the cut in his younger days).

Hes the goat in SIX divisions and so undeniably p4p goat

I think finishing your opponent is important for being the GOAT, not just dry humping everyone to decisions.

i'm a big gsp fan but good god tonycpa freaks me out

Anderson GOAT MW
Anderson GOAT LHW (judging by his performancce against Forrest)
Anderson GOAT WW (judging by his performance against Sakurai)
Anderson GOAT LW (im sure he could make the cut in his younger days).

Hes the goat in SIX divisions and so undeniably p4p goat

His win over Sakurai was a good one, but getting dominated by Chonan and Takase was embarrassing.

Back