Is GSP the GOAT?

I don't like French people all that much, but he was alright.

GSP has 13 finishes in his career

288_gwphughesLHK.gif

gsp+knees.gif

j9rgpv.jpg

GSP/Trigg is one of the most impressive, one sided beatings in all of MMA history. Its on the level of Silva/Forrest easily. Forrest and Trigg were similarly ranked also.

I'm talking about his title run you have to know that.

I really don't see how or why you could have GSP over Anderson at this point.(let alone Fedor)

Andy has both major UFC records(consecutive wins/consecutive title defenses), more wins, more top 10 ranked wins, more finishes(both knockouts and submissions), fought in 3 different weight divisions(beating at least one champion in every weight class), and was even more popular/famous when it was all said and done.

From a "legacy" standpoint, what did GSP do that Anderson didn't do better besides going out on top?

I really don't see how or why you could have GSP over Anderson at this point.(let alone Fedor)

Andy has both major UFC records(consecutive wins/consecutive title defenses), more wins, more top 10 ranked wins, more finishes(both knockouts and submissions), fought in 3 different weight divisions(beating at least one champion in every weight class), and was even more popular/famous when it was all said and done.

From a "legacy" standpoint, what did GSP do that Anderson didn't do better besides going out on top?

Top 5 wins.

Overall better wins/competition IMO. Respectfully.

How many ppl did GSP BEAT that were top 10? Maybe only Serra wasn't in their first fight.

How many title fights did Fedor finish?

Just bc GSP didn't finish doesn't mean he didn't dominate.

I'm not certain but didn't gsp say he wasn't trying to break it? If he was he really can't be goat, he doesn't even know how to get an armbar. I know he armbared Hughes but if you look at it that's the worst armbar I've ever seen.

I'm arguably one of the biggest GSP huggers on this forum and I still see Fedor as GOAT.

I can see the argument for both Anderson and GSP but imo Fedor still is the guy.

Top 5 wins.

Overall better wins/competition IMO. Respectfully.

I always thought the top 5 wins argument was silly. I really don't think it matters so long as they are in the top 10 and had some sort of reputable reason to fight for the title. Yushin Okami for instance was ranked #3 when he fought Anderson, but does anyone think that's a more impressive win than #10 ranked Vitor Belfort?

In any case, I can agree with stiffer competition, but being the best is more than just wins on paper.

I can't agree with better wins, how you beat someone should matter and I honestly think if we put Silva's best 5 career wins up against GSP's top 5 career wins, it would come out pretty even.

Probably.

But it's not a discussion worth having right now when the haters and the huggers are still so invested.

Come back in 10 years.

Didn't finish 1 out of 9 fights since 2008. The only person who didn't take him the distance got bored and quit after the 4th.

Maybe.....it's either gsp, fedor or Anderson

Summed it up perfectly. Anderson's achievements are greater than GSP's plain and simple.

Of course you're not certain. It would make you look stupid for your previous post.

I'm actually not certain but maybe a fan of this guy would know. Regardless, I was wrong Gsp actually tried to finish 3 fights in the last 6 years. Good but never goat

Last edited:
Back