Is Goldberg fired?

I have a feeling that he took time off to take care of a drinking problem (Not joking).

Yeah but he's been doing that shizz for 17 years and screws up on a pretty constant basis and still has no idea what he's watching. It's not like he started off crap and has greatly improved with a few errors here and there. The only commentator that has annoyed me more than goldberg was Damon Perry and he was just in Pride for 2 shows

You seriously think he doesn't know what he's watching? Rogan is there for the technical aspects, Goldberg's there to feed him lines and shill for the sponsors. Rogan himself has said Goldberg knows more than enough about MMA. He even dabbles in muay thai training.

I love me some Goldie, but I'm looking forward to Anik and Rogan in the booth. I hope Rogan gives Anik the business just like he does Goldie.

I'm worried he's quite ill.

He has been looking very thin and has seemed off lately.

I never understood all the Goldie hate. He's the best play by play commentator in MMA even with his mistakes and quirky comments. Jon Anik and Kenny Florian put me to sleep when they are commentating.

I totally agree with you on this one dude. Those two should cover figure skating or curling IMHO.

My professional opinion is he has a coke....i mean coca cola habit

You seriously think he doesn't know what he's watching? Rogan is there for the technical aspects, Goldberg's there to feed him lines and shill for the sponsors. Rogan himself has said Goldberg knows more than enough about MMA. He even dabbles in muay thai training.

Part of Goldberg's job is to ask the stupid questions that a Layman would ask, so that Joe can educate casual fans by answering such questions. Anyone who thinks that Goldberg is just asking those types of questions because he is that stupid, is every bit as dumb as they accuse Goldberg of being.

I wonder if this is related to that time he was running around backstage without his shirt off* in front of Dana during an interview.

Edit: Haha. Should read: without his shirt on.

Did they ever say what that was about?

Based on this development, I fully expect Mike to check into a "hospital" for "exhaustion" for about 30 days sometime in the next week.

Goldberg makes me ill. I'd buy every ppv from now on if they canned that loathsome prick.

screw frontrowbrian. i'm waiting to hear what outsidehammer has to say :(

you would prefer if he ignored his alcohol issues?

No, never said that. I just hope he is not going through any serious issues.

Back