Is Goku white?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
835f48452d66f0c128dcb985900f8538cd06bd62_00.jpg

Does a bear shit in the woods?
I actually don't know, but for some reason that phrase jumped into my head as soon as I read the thread title and if I hadn't typed it out it would have been stuck in my head all day. I apologize.

Does a bear shit in the woods?
I actually don't know, but for some reason that phrase jumped into my head as soon as I read the thread title and if I hadn't typed it out it would have been stuck in my head all day. I apologize.

It's okay

He blue now, boi. Old information.

The creator said that he chose blonde because it was less work for his assistants when they were colouring in the hair. In Japan each successful manga artist has multiple assistants to help them with the finishing touches of the manga pages, manually colouring in stuff solid black and adding screentones for shading. All the stuff that looks like it might have been done on a computer is actually done by hand.

all i no is a straight dude wouldnt be caught dead with a hairdo like that

I thought he was black.

Last edited:
He blue now, boi. Old information.

The creator said that he chose blonde because it was less work for his assistants when they were colouring in the hair. In Japan each successful manga artist has multiple assistants to help them with the finishing touches of the manga pages, manually colouring in stuff solid black and adding screentones for shading. All the stuff that looks like it might have been done on a computer is actually done by hand.

I don't see the problem.

Today's climate: anything that makes white men look cool/positive = offensive.

The creator said that he chose blonde because it was less work for his assistants when they were colouring in the hair.

I like that there's always a practical and simple reason for things like this when you have other people accusing Dragonball Z of promoting caucasian supremacy <45>

''

Chiaotzu is white. Goku not so much.

I think so. Isn't big eyes in anime exaggerating western culture's wide eyes? Or am I just out of my element and unknowingly racist in that area?

I think so. Isn't big eyes in anime exaggerating western culture's wide eyes? Or am I just out of my element and unknowingly racist in that area?
The anime eyes are inspired by Donald Duck, but it's true we can't assume anime characters are meant to be Japanese by default.

Back