Is Georges still scared of Anderson?

Zerfleischer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why talk Bisping? Why talk Woodlaaay?
Why not talk the biggest fight in MMA history?

You surely got a kick out of this one

Woodley is a more serious challenge than Silva at this point.

But I would still be happey to see it tho.

I don't see why GSP couldn't take him down.

GSP and Chael went at it and Chael openly admits GSP got the better of him.

I don't know if the TS is trying to troll AS fans, GSP fans or both...

People are still trying to argue that GSP isn't terrified of Anderson?

LoL. He's literally refused to fight him over the years. He still won't fight him. Anderson said he would cut down to 180 and GSP still said no.

I love me some GSP, but he Woodley/Thompson'd Anderson.

Anderson was the real coward - proven to easiy make 205 and look devastating, but blatantly terrified of Jonathon

The way out of shape Anderson hurt DC who is world's better than WW GSP showed me that he hits GSP and he's dead. 5 rounds and in shape GSP is done

Nobody is scared of Anderson now

Except Cormier.. Cormier is afraid to stand with Anderson

GSP wanted no part of Anderson for years, and then as soon as Bisping got the MW belt he calls him out.

What do you think.

GSP wanted no part of Anderson for years, and then as soon as Bisping got the MW belt he calls him out.

What do you think.
Kinda like not showing any interest in Robbies belt until the night he lost it.

He's not interested in belts, he's interested in big fights.

Yup. Georges' teammate Rory already made Tyron look like a child.

Meanwhile Robbie changed his teammate's face, and put him out of competition for a year.

yes he has nightmares about him

What do you think.
GSP fans leaving the thread
after these posts:
6144Fox.gif

Georges St-Pierre
October 2008
A lot of people have been challenging me so far. I have a lot of friends at 185. To tell you the truth, I’m not afraid of challenging nobody at 185. I’m very confident in myself. I think I can do pretty well [against Silva]. I think I’m a different fighter than all the guys who have fought him in the past. There’s only one way to find out. - MMA Weekly

April 2009
I would have to sit down and see what the opportunity is. How long I have for the fight. Because if I fight at 185, if I do it, I want to do it well. I want to put some extra muscle on me, some extra weight. I would have to go on a I would have to go on a diet for a couple extra weeks, and it would take me some extra time, but I'm always excited for a new challenge. - Sports Illustrated

July 2009 - Post-fight interview with Joe Rogan at UFC 100
"My division is pretty stacked, so I don't know. Everybody asks me that question. It's a question of timing. I walk around 185 pounds. I'm not that big for a welterweight. If I do its for a challenge. But I'll have to take the time to gain weight and take care of business."

November 2009
I'm not afraid of any man in the sport. - Bloody Elbow

April 2010
If he dropped to 170 pounds, probably.
There is another thing to consider: If I move up, maybe I won't be able to come back down to defend my (welterweight) title. So it's a big decision to take. It would be the biggest fight in UFC history, probably. It would be interesting. - MMA Junkie

August 2012
"It could happen of course," he said. "It definitely can happen, but for me, that's far ahead in time. Right now, I'm not thinking about that. I can't. My main thing right now is to get better, and then when I'm going to fight, to get ready to win the fight, what I need to do to win and beat the guy. I need to focus on one thing at a time. - MMA Fighting

November 2012 (after defeating Carlos Condit)
On top of that, he weighs 234 pounds; I weigh 188. So there's a big weight difference. I've fought guys who were bigger -- I'm not scared of him -- it's just that I will take this fight when it makes sense for me. I just came back from an injury, there's money to be made, there are fights in my weight class, other challenges out there, and if I fight him, I will have to gain weight, while he will have to lose weight, and then afterwards, I won't be able to come back to my weight class.

First and foremost, I have things to do at 170 pounds. When I am ready and when I want the fight, that's when it will happen. - Tout le Monde en Parle

March 2014 (After his announced hiatus, relinquishing of welterweight title)
There were conversations before but they were talking about me going up at 185. I weigh 190 pounds, the guy weighs 230 pounds when he is off season. I'm 190 pounds off season. Right now I'm 195 at maximum. My friends saw him and he is now 230, 235. I know people who know him. He is very big. It's not a fair fight for me. Before, Anderson Silva was in my size when he used to fight in Japan but he is very big now. They were talking also that he was going to come in my division when I was the champion and I would have no choice. But me going up and after I fight go back down...I can't play with my weight. I can't come back and fight for the title or in a superfight. It has to respect my conditions, I all ask is a fair fight. Right now I need to take some time off. But if they have an offer with something good, maybe. - ESPN Brazil

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/2...-spider-anderson-silva-lost-superfight-quotes

Back