Television Is George CantStandsYa the greatest comedic character in the history of tv?

I always felt Larry on Curb was very much like George in a lot of ways but he always struck me as MUCH more confident. Even though Larry does the self-deprecating neurotic schtick at times, I think his version of himself on Curb is way more willing to assert himself without worry than George.
For sure but I think that just comes with age the older you grow the more of an assured idiot you are especially if you’re successful.

Jerry has got to be history's biggest over achiever. He sucks both as a comedian and an actor. But George and Kramer were gold

I dont find this larry guy to be funny or should I better say as funny as the George Costanza character. I was kind of familiar about the story of how Seinfeld was created but wasnt too sure if it was Larry. I am glad they went with Jason to play Larry instead of Larry himself.

I find George to be much better character than Larry David playing himself. George is great in smaller doses as a sort of side character. Larry, while awesome, can get a little irritating if you binge watch the show. But Curb is a GREAT show don't get me wrong.

George is definitely in the running. Peter Griffin is as well :)

I know you theater geeks are having a Jason Alexander field day in here but there are about ten characters funnier than George Costanza and Martin Lawrence played all of them.

CRACKED2.gif

Look how much face he's pulling.

Everything about Seinfeld was great. The characters by themselves are unique. The way they interact with themselves and the rest of the world was oftentimes very funny. In another ten years I will probably rewatch all the seasons again.

I really like George. Might be the goat tv character. Cartman also comes to mind

Jerry has got to be history's biggest over achiever. He sucks both as a comedian and an actor. But and Kramer were gold

I used to feel the same way but I have grown to appreciate Jerry's subtle and sarcastic comments.

Like when he's dating Man Hands and on their date , when she opens the beer and he mutters " it wasn't a twist off" or when she says she's going to wash up , he waits until she's far enough away and says there's a beach towel on the rack.

Amazing how many great/memorable characters that show had. Even casuals can probably name ~20 characters in the Seinfeld universe.

That said, of the main cast, George was the main course, while Kramer was the desert. Elaine and Jerry both had their moments, but were both thourghly comedically dwarfed by the presence of both George and Kramer.

I used to feel the same way but I have grown to appreciate Jerry's subtle and sarcastic comments.

Like when he's dating Man Hands and on their date , when she opens the beer and he mutters " it wasn't a twist off" or when she says she's going to wash up , he waits until she's far enough away and says there's a beach towel on the rack.

Think about this though, almost all the funny characters were funnier then him on the show.. It's crazy it's not just George, Kramer and Elaine.. you can add costanza sr, Newman, soup nazi, babu, the black lawyer, banya, the dentist... Hell that's 10 characters that are funnier then him on his show as a comedian. Now compare that to another comedian based show like Martin, where he owned the show in every way. No doubt Seinfeld is the goat sitcom, but Jerry himself is OK at best

I know you theater geeks are having a Jason Alexander field day in here but there are about ten characters funnier than George Costanza and Martin Lawrence played all of them.

CRACKED2.gif

Look how much face he's pulling.

Wow seems like I almost copied your post and I just read it lol..

I always felt Larry on Curb was very much like George in a lot of ways but he always struck me as MUCH more confident. Even though Larry does the self-deprecating neurotic schtick at times, I think his version of himself on Curb is way more willing to assert himself without worry than George.

I suspect there was also a good deal of Larry in the Gerry persona on Seinfeld, you combined that with George and I think your very close to his curb character, maybe a slight dash of Kramer.

George is definitely the best character on Seinfeld. Sure, Kramer is kind of wacky, but George represents that disgusting side of every person: shallow, selfish, cowardly, neurotic etc. He’s just this all around shitty person with basically no redeeming qualities.
He's a loveable scumbag, pretty hard to pull that off

I find George to be much better character than Larry David playing himself. George is great in smaller doses as a sort of side character. Larry, while awesome, can get a little irritating if you binge watch the show. But Curb is a GREAT show don't get me wrong.

George is definitely in the running. Peter Griffin is as well :)

Larry David on Curb is not the real Larry David...he's not playing himself, but instead is playing a caricature of himself, so he's supposed to be annoying, rude, overbearing, etc.. Otherwise the show would be very boring. I'll tell you what though...I'd love to get in on a spite store. LMAO

Larry David on Curb is not the real Larry David...he's not playing himself, but instead is playing a caricature of himself, so he's supposed to be annoying, rude, overbearing, etc.. Otherwise the show would be very boring. I'll tell you what though...I'd love to get in on a spite store. LMAO

Haha....that's awesome. Plus for a moment I thought I saw Steven Seagal in the background at :37 ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back