1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »

Television Is George CantStandsYa the greatest comedic character in the history of tv?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TheOneAboveAll3, Jun 28, 2020.

1. HunterSdVa29 Respect, tho Platinum Member

The only show that really has such defined memorable characters is probably IASIP

ImO at least

Mr. Shickadance likes this.
  2. Mr. Shickadance Uncrowned drunk war room champ!

For sure but I think that just comes with age the older you grow the more of an assured idiot you are especially if you’re successful.

ufcfan4 likes this.
  3. pakimahi Brown Belt

Jerry has got to be history's biggest over achiever. He sucks both as a comedian and an actor. But George and Kramer were gold

4. TheNinja Gold Belt

I find George to be much better character than Larry David playing himself. George is great in smaller doses as a sort of side character. Larry, while awesome, can get a little irritating if you binge watch the show. But Curb is a GREAT show don't get me wrong.

George is definitely in the running. Peter Griffin is as well :)

5. My2Cents Brown Belt

doing the opposite

marioh and BenderIsGreat like this.
  6. A.A. Riggs sweet ... sweet meat!

I know you theater geeks are having a Jason Alexander field day in here but there are about ten characters funnier than George Costanza and Martin Lawrence played all of them.

[​IMG]

Look how much face he's pulling.

7. KeepingItReal Blue Belt

Everything about Seinfeld was great. The characters by themselves are unique. The way they interact with themselves and the rest of the world was oftentimes very funny. In another ten years I will probably rewatch all the seasons again.

8. Aegon Spengler Gold Belt

I really like George. Might be the goat tv character. Cartman also comes to mind

9. Steelers4life Orange Belt

I used to feel the same way but I have grown to appreciate Jerry's subtle and sarcastic comments.

Like when he's dating Man Hands and on their date , when she opens the beer and he mutters " it wasn't a twist off" or when she says she's going to wash up , he waits until she's far enough away and says there's a beach towel on the rack.

10. gspieler Silver Belt

Amazing how many great/memorable characters that show had. Even casuals can probably name ~20 characters in the Seinfeld universe.

That said, of the main cast, George was the main course, while Kramer was the desert. Elaine and Jerry both had their moments, but were both thourghly comedically dwarfed by the presence of both George and Kramer.

11. pakimahi Brown Belt

Think about this though, almost all the funny characters were funnier then him on the show.. It's crazy it's not just George, Kramer and Elaine.. you can add costanza sr, Newman, soup nazi, babu, the black lawyer, banya, the dentist... Hell that's 10 characters that are funnier then him on his show as a comedian. Now compare that to another comedian based show like Martin, where he owned the show in every way. No doubt Seinfeld is the goat sitcom, but Jerry himself is OK at best

12. pakimahi Brown Belt

Wow seems like I almost copied your post and I just read it lol..

13. moreorless87 Straba

I suspect there was also a good deal of Larry in the Gerry persona on Seinfeld, you combined that with George and I think your very close to his curb character, maybe a slight dash of Kramer.

ufcfan4 likes this.
  14. Swoliosis Red Belt

He's a loveable scumbag, pretty hard to pull that off

TheWorm likes this.
  15. usmctanker242 Red Belt

Larry David on Curb is not the real Larry David...he's not playing himself, but instead is playing a caricature of himself, so he's supposed to be annoying, rude, overbearing, etc.. Otherwise the show would be very boring. I'll tell you what though...I'd love to get in on a spite store. LMAO

TheNinja likes this.
  16. TheNinja Gold Belt

Haha....that's awesome. Plus for a moment I thought I saw Steven Seagal in the background at :37 ;)

usmctanker242 likes this.