Television Is George CantStandsYa the greatest comedic character in the history of tv?

What always confused me was how George constantly got women out of his league. Most times he had no job or money and lived with his parents. He is short, bald and overweight . Someone please explain this to me.

This clip shows you just how good Jason Alexander is. When he can instantly transform into George, it’s just amazing

I love things like this where you see how the actors have actually "made" the character over the years. I love the back story to this particular shoot as well ; Jason Alexander was not part of that shoot, and Larry David called him up panicking because Larry wasn't able to "play George" and he thought the whole scene was going to fall apart. So on Jason's day off he drove to the set to coach Larry David on how to play George. LMAO

Kramer upon first viewing but as you get older you appreciate George more and more as he becomes terrifyingly relatable
Now that is an astute observation.
Butt, a person has gotta strive for better, improve, evolve. Don't be a George.

Be a Kramer!!!

This George outro was is one of my favorite George scenes. Timestamped-

"Yeah? Well the life support machine called...."

<36>

This clip shows you just how good Jason Alexander is. When he can instantly transform into George, it’s just amazing

This is what I mean, Larry seems more of a good nature guy while George is spiteful, pathetic and cowardly. Jason was just perfect to play george.

I love things like this where you see how the actors have actually "made" the character over the years. I love the back story to this particular shoot as well ; Jason Alexander was not part of that shoot, and Larry David called him up panicking because Larry wasn't able to "play George" and he thought the whole scene was going to fall apart. So on Jason's day off he drove to the set to coach Larry David on how to play George. LMAO
You can really appreciate how much work goes in from the clip. It’s easy to assume that since he’s not playing the damn Joker or something that a TV actor just shows up, says the line and collects a check. When he goes from one sentence to another as Jason to George you can really see how much of a performance it is

You can really appreciate how much work goes in from the clip. It’s easy to assume that since he’s not playing the damn Joker or something that a TV actor just shows up, says the line and collects a check. When he goes from one sentence to another as Jason to George you can really see how much of a performance it is

Agreed...also find it funny that Jason's character on Curb wrote a book called "Acting Without Acting" which was essentially exactly what you stated; the concept was that the person watching doesn't "see the craft" and instead can just enjoy it. I always really loved how they mingled Jason's book with the reunion episode, and it makes your observation pretty astute.

Just adding this as reference for those who aren't aware...timestamped.

Frank Costanza >>>>>

I'd also put Cotton Hill and Dale Gribble ahead

Frank Costanza >>>>>

I'd also put Cotton Hill and Dale Gribble ahead
I love George's character.....and I was ready to dispute your claim, then I took a long look back at Dale, Cotton, and Frank. Now I cant dispute your claim at all.

All the casting was just superb, but the beauty of George was that we could all see a bit of our pathetic selves, the part we show no one lol, in George. The writing and the actor was just the perfect combination. But if you ask Jason Alexander who the best character was, he says Kramer. Someone, maybe it was Stern, asked him if he was shocked that he never won an Emmy for playing George. His response was that he was shocked every year that Michael Richards didn't win it, because in his opinion no one on TV was even close to him.

But for me, George is Master of His Domain.

The shame of it is that Richards absolutely deserved his two wins and Alexander still could have won in another year- Seinfeld was on 8 seasons after all.

Hyde Pierce was a big problem for them as he and Grammer were awards-eating machines during a chunk of Seinfeld’s run. cant object to that either as Niles Crane was a pretty brilliant comedic performance in its own right.

but Alexander never being honored when he was arguably the funniest of four hilarious performances is a travesty.

I started rewatching Seinfeld and the guy is so perfect for the role of the self loathing, cheap, selfish friend of Seinfeld. I laugh about 4 times as much at his lines than I do of any of the other cast members on Seinfeld.
Yeah but Larry in curb is basically the same guy but a little funnier I think but it’s not more than a razors edge.

and yes I know George is based on Larry, because he is the co-creator of Seinfeld
EC_o1Q1XkAA3hCI.jpg

Yeah but Larry in curb is basically the same guy but a little funnier I think but it’s not more than a razors edge.

and yes I know George is based on Larry, because he is the co-creator of Seinfeld
EC_o1Q1XkAA3hCI.jpg

I always felt Larry on Curb was very much like George in a lot of ways but he always struck me as MUCH more confident. Even though Larry does the self-deprecating neurotic schtick at times, I think his version of himself on Curb is way more willing to assert himself without worry than George.

Back