Television Is George CantStandsYa the greatest comedic character in the history of tv?

ef4.gif

Absolutely.

You can't remove anyone from Seinfeld. You need 'em all. Newman, Kramer, Putty, Jackie, whoever. The characters of Seinfeld are one giant boss monster.

YOU MAY TAKE NO ONE AWAY FROM ME

George is definitely the best character on Seinfeld. Sure, Kramer is kind of wacky, but George represents that disgusting side of every person: shallow, selfish, cowardly, neurotic etc. He’s just this all around shitty person with basically no redeeming qualities.

Without George, Seinfeld would have been a dull show. George could have had his own show and been somewhat successful I bet.
Meh ....... of George would have had a spin off they could of just expanded Newmans character n it wouldnt of lost much

he was perfect, him making a bed in his office was gold, him trying to get dumped by his GF.

Best sitcom ever

Only casuals think George is the best character. The correct answer is Newman.

George is getting upset!

I always wished we'd see more of Newman. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the Kramer-Newman dynamic, Newman by himself or with Jerry was great to watch.
Same goes for Frank Costanza, I LOVED when he was on and the whole Costanza family dynamic just made me LOL every time.

Hvaing said that, I do agree with TS that George is/was the best character on the show and probably in tv.

Whatever happened with Michael Richards’ standup career? Seems like he doesn’t do many shows any more.
Don't care about Michael Richards, never cared enough about any of Seinfeld actors post-Seinfeld.

Kramer was a goat comedic character.
I bloody was, still am, envious of his lifestyle.

Kramer wasn't just some "hey guy". He was a fungi!!!

Possessor of Kavorka, so successful with women, nuns chased him.
A smart happy dude, who never worked, always had just enough money in his pocket, easily made friends with all kinds of people, traveled, had many adventures, tv appearances, his friends basically accepted that their stuff was his whenever he wanted it, etc.

When he entered a room, he commanded attention. Everybody happily obliged.
tenor.gif

He knew how to have a good time.
tenor.gif

Simply put: A winner in life!
tenor.gif

Whatever happened with Michael Richards’ standup career? Seems like he doesn’t do many shows any more.
Too soon.

And to address the OP: Yes. George is GOAT. He was better than Kramer and my favorite character on that show.

Meh ....... of George would have had a spin off they could of just expanded Newmans character n it wouldnt of lost much
All the casting was just superb, but the beauty of George was that we could all see a bit of our pathetic selves, the part we show no one lol, in George. The writing and the actor was just the perfect combination. But if you ask Jason Alexander who the best character was, he says Kramer. Someone, maybe it was Stern, asked him if he was shocked that he never won an Emmy for playing George. His response was that he was shocked every year that Michael Richards didn't win it, because in his opinion no one on TV was even close to him.

But for me, George is Master of His Domain.

Back