Television Is George CantStandsYa the greatest comedic character in the history of tv?

TheOneAboveAll3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I started rewatching Seinfeld and the guy is so perfect for the role of the self loathing, cheap, selfish friend of Seinfeld. I laugh about 4 times as much at his lines than I do of any of the other cast members on Seinfeld.

He is definitely up there in terms of iconic TV comedy characters.

But George is pretty much a surrogate for Larry David, so isn't Larry David a greater TV comedy character?

I dont know too much about Larry, I know he and Jerry created Seinfeld and he also is on Curb your enthusiasm but thats as far as I know about him.

I dont know too much about Larry, I know he and Jerry created Seinfeld and he also is on Curb your enthusiasm but thats as far as I know about him.
George is based off of what Larry is in his real life.

Here's a classic scene from Curb your Enthusiasm. Where Jason Alexander is supposed to be himself and kind of starts being mad being typecast as Costanza and puts him down while Larry starts getting upset because he feels he's trashing him. It's great.

George is based off of what Larry is in his real life.

Here's a classic scene from Curb your Enthusiasm. Where Jason Alexander is supposed to be himself and kind of starts being mad being typecast as Costanza and puts him down while Larry starts getting upset because he feels he's trashing him. It's great.

I dont find this larry guy to be funny or should I better say as funny as the George Costanza character. I was kind of familiar about the story of how Seinfeld was created but wasnt too sure if it was Larry. I am glad they went with Jason to play Larry instead of Larry himself.

I dont find this larry guy to be funny or should I better say as funny as the George Costanza character. I was kind of familiar about the story of how Seinfeld was created but wasnt too sure if it was Larry. I am glad they went with Jason to play Larry instead of Larry himself.
You should give Curb a try. He is so neurotic and you see why George is based off of him.

tenor.gif

Kramer is goat, imho.
George is top 5.

The only sidekick who’s even close is probably Barney Fife. Andy Griffith was supposed to be the funny one but Don Knotts kept breaking everybody up and Andy knew a winner when he saw one so he changed his own character to the straight man.

I started rewatching Seinfeld and the guy is so perfect for the role of the self loathing, cheap, selfish friend of Seinfeld. I laugh about 4 times as much at his lines than I do of any of the other cast members on Seinfeld.
Without George, Seinfeld would have been a dull show. George could have had his own show and been somewhat successful I bet.

Back