Is Gaethje done is he gets finished third time in row?

he needs to. its like hes TRYING to die of brain injury. but hey its entertaining

He said his "MMA journey is over after 25 fights" so I'd imagine Dana wouldn't cut him with two fights left. He puts on FOTY contenders in every bout.

if by done you mean brain damaged then yeah, he will probably continue fighting if they let him though.

no hes the modern day chris leben/diego sanchez , ufc loves punching bags that hit back, its entertaining AF

Gaethje is one of the most entertaining fighters on the roster right now, and that's exactly the type of fighter that Dana really likes, so I cannot see them cutting him, ever.
The Michael Johnson fight and the Poirier fight were amazing. Problem is he is fighting top guys and his strategy of "hell just hit me i don't care, i'm coming in swinging" will work at a lower-level but it isn't going to (always..) work against top opposition like Poirier / Alvarez etc.

Vick is dangerous and a tough guy... I am hoping for a Gaethje victory but i think it's another hard fight for him. Nobody can ever accuse Gaethje of dull fights, they're all right up there as some of the best fights of the year.

People want to see him, so he makes the UFC a lot of money.
I'm prettty sure the UFC will let him get ko-ed 20 more times before they throw out a popular cashcow.
In this case the UFC will say : 'Fuck fighter safety and fuck a loosing record" he still makes us money.

I just re-watched the Johnson v Gaethje fight : big shout out to John McCarthy for *not* stopping the fight at the end of the 1st round. John's expertise and experience in knowing when a fighter is done and when a fighter is ok to keep going, gave us all an amazing FOTY.

Many refs i think would have stopped that fight prematurely and not understood Gaethje's fundamental resilience and ability to recover fast from big shots.

Vick has impressed me, but he's been fighting completely unranked guys. I think Gaejthe matches up badly with him.

Vick's striking looks good because guys let him do his thing just outside the pocket, scared of his counter punching.

Gaijthe obviously isn't intimidated by anyone and will relentlessly hunt him down in the pocket doing what he always does. You have no choice but to engage him inside, continually.

I think only the most resilient and effective pocket boxers in the division can survive that. Poirier and Eddie are terrible match ups for Gaijthe and Vick's trash talk might come back to bite him. He's begged for a big fight and he's got it.

He beat Michael Johnson handily when Johnson was around the top 5. The two guys that have beaten him are 3 and 4 in the world with Vick... He really should be winning this one.

He came in to the org as an undefeated champion, had a target on his back, came in saying he'd surely get knocked out at some point...., so there are no tune ups for him.... If he loses this one I doubt he'll lose his job. He'll definitely have a harder time getting big fights though.

Toughest guy to lose 3 in a row not a good tag line

I really hope he gets a coach that learns him to use his head during fights, the kid has a lot of potential.

Yes. If he gets finished again, he should finish his contract and retire. Great fighter to watch, but Gaethje is going to have some problems later in his career.

Gaethje, Cowboy, Stephens, Lawler, Frankie, Cub...are all pretty much UFC bullet proof fighters career wise. They could all probably lose 5 straight and if anything I think Dana would have a sit down with them to convince them to quit before cutting them.

Vick is right (and I've been saying it too). Gaejthe is not a top 10 fighter....and it's rather obvious

Didn't he say if Vick finishes him he's gonna retire anyway?

People like him so they will keep him. I do think he will change his style soon though, he will literally die in there if he keeps going.

Back