Is full camp Lando Vanatta the best striker at LW right now?

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He just KOed a 30-0 kickboxing and karate champion with spinning shit. In his fight with Ferg, Lando showed his boxing to be unorthodox, yet deadly. On top of that he's also a former D1 wrestler and has arguably the best scrambles in the game ... who can stop him?

ferguson

edit: lol seriously though. Who knows. His striking looks real good. We need to see him fight more.

Nope, at least not yet

Cerrone* and Conor are over him

Hands down (pun intended) one of the sneakiest mother fuckers in the game right now.

He's the best goddamned up and comer in the game right now.

Don't know how he'll do against tippy top strikers but I really like what I see.

I watched the 4-5 pre UFC fights of his I could find on Youtube.

Absolutely fearless dude. Takes risks and makes them work.

Very good hips, good defense on the ground AND awesome striker?

Sounds like he's at least headed for the top 5 very soon.

I'd love to see him with the strap.

Make America Groovy again.

He looks good so far, very crisp with his striking. Need to see a lot more obviously though.

Conor is the best right now. Makdessi is good, but he hasn't looked in good form in years.

He just KOed a 30-0 kickboxing and karate champion with spinning shit. In his fight with Ferg, Lando showed his boxing to be unorthodox, yet deadly. On top of that he's also a former D1 wrestler and has arguably the best scrambles in the game ... who can stop him?
Source that he was a D1 wrestler?

Hands down (pun intended) one of the sneakiest mother fuckers in the game right now.
Lol - being able to pull of 'sneaky' under bright lights, in the cage and nowhere to hide is truly exceptional.

Sneaky groovy Lando ...

I didn't even know this dude existed until the Ferguson fight and I'm not prone to fanboyism but I'm really excited to see how he progresses.

Source that he was a D1 wrestler?
I read that, too. If you watch his pre-UfC fights, he sure wrestles very very well.

He certainly has a 'blackbelt sprawl' and he works to reverse position like a cat tossed in a bathtub.

(Im going to dinner but will look for sauce for u if nobody else does).

He wasn't a D-1 wrestler,wtf are you talking about?He went to college for like a semester.So yeah if you mean HS D-1 or maybe a couple collegiate matches.And no,of course he isn't,he's still learning and improving greatly though.

According to Wikip he wrestled at a D1 college, but dropped out after one semester.

Way to early to tell how good / talented he is

He is small for 155 and will have a size disadvantage against the top guys - needs to drop to 145

Definitely one of the most exciting prospects

Back