Is Frankie still the toughest fight for Max at FW?

I’ve been a Frankie fan for years and years, and still am.

I think he is one of the most well rounded fighters in the world, and has more heart than 99% of the ufc roster.

Having said that, Frankie has a lot of miles on him, and time isn’t on his side.

Frankie from 8-10 years ago vs today’s version of max would be an incredible fight.

I still Frankie has a chance to beat max today, but I wouldn’t put it higher than 7-10%. And I say that will nothing but respect for Frankie.

I still think it's Aldo but if we're talking a new challenger than maybe somebody like Volkanovski or even Bektic. I just think Edgar will get pieced up at this point in his career.

Maybe Mendes with a fresh brain and if they let him use some skin cream since at least he can hit really hard and has a really nice double.

Frankie is 37 years old at this point.
If he was 31, sure,

Max only challenge now is at LW.
I don't see him beating Tony nor Khabib tho.

His top game and his cardio make him more of a threat to Max than Chad would be, but I think Edgar is just too small and too old at this point. Give Edgar 3 more inches in height and an extra 10-15bs, thus making him the size of most his opponents, and I think he'd beat Max.

Nah. Frankie is too small, and doesn't really blast into his TD's. He's a more methodical fighter, a very good one, but he can be out muscled by bigger guys. Charles Oliviera gave Frankie a tough fight on the feet. Max would demolish him.

I'd say it's either Chad or Volkanovski. Chad's done as soon as his gas runs out though. Need to see more of Volkanovski.

Frankie walloped oliveira....It wasn't close. It was actually funny to see Frankie landing over hand rights at will on a guy half a foot taller than him.

That said, I agree that it's a bad match up for frankie. I'd still watch the fuck out of it, though. I think Frankie would do better than Aldo or Ortega.

Lmao. I just looked it up.... Chad and Volkanovski are the same height. Smh

I still Volkanovski is taller... we shall find out soon

Volkanovski has like six inches of reach on Chad, so he's at least rangier than Chad.

I actually feel Frankie is one of Max's easier matchups. Volkanovski is the only guy on my radar that can pose a chance.

Frankie walloped oliveira....It wasn't close. It was actually funny to see Frankie landing over hand rights at will on a guy half a foot taller than him.

That said, I agree that it's a bad match up for frankie. I'd still watch the fuck out of it, though. I think Frankie would do better than Aldo or Ortega.
Oh Frankie clearly won, I was just surprised at how many shots he ate. I just feel Max, as a more educated striker, will be able to capitalize in those moments. Agreed, Frankie will do better than Ortega (not convinced about Aldo), due to having an actual take down threat and an educated boxing game.

Oh Frankie clearly won, I was just surprised at how many shots he ate. I just feel Max, as a more educated striker, will be able to capitalize in those moments. Agreed, Frankie will do better than Ortega (not convinced about Aldo), due to having an actual take down threat and an educated boxing game.

I think the takedown threat and Frankie's cardio would guarantee that fight goes the distance. Has Max ever faced someone with cardio like Frankies? I don't think so, and he hasn't faced someone with Frankie's wrestling and top game either. I think Max would be very careful in that fight, but still piece edgar up and win a decision.

I don't believe that Franky can be a threat for Holloway at this point.
The toughest matchup should still be Ortega.
I can see Zabit being a threat, but that only if he can improve his cardio drastically.

Hard to say, I predict Max being able to pick Frankie apart on the feet and do well at avoiding the ground game, I don't see Frankie having a great chance at winning. I think Mendes is currently Max's toughest matchup and I also see Max having the edge.

Only fight for max that makes sense or dollars @ 145 is edgar.
Otherwise move up.
No brainer
Its all about the money fights. You guys can kid yourselves in here but you know what reality is

Just embrace it, or don't. Who gives a fuck...

Last edited:
... But as we know he's getting old and he's been in WARS...

Ouside of a McGregor return to FW, I think Mendes is the most interesting fight. People seem to have forgotten about him since the suspension hence the lack of mention lately.

Zabit or Moicano seem like the best option.

Moicano was piecing up Ortega until he got caught.... and i think he has gotten better since.
I had a bet on Moicano there and from what I remember he won the 1st, lost the 2nd and was getting outstruck in the 3rd and about to lose a decision.
So he shot in for a takedown due to that and got subbed yes but he was about to lose the decision anyway. Ortega looked better as well since KOing Frankie

Frankie is a fun fighter but he ain't the same guy like when he fought BJ Penn.

Frankie just isn't big enough to be competitive at the top of 145 anymore. the game has changed and people are cutting big weight. skills alone aren't enough.

I'd rather see zabit vs holloway because i think he's the only one that has a chance.

Frankie should move down to 135. mix it up with cody, moraes, and i think linneker needs an opponent.

Back