Is Frankie still the toughest fight for Max at FW?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He has some of the most underrated wrestling in the game. And obviously great boxing, footwork, heart and cardio. Some of the best recovery in the history of the sport as well. But as we know he's getting old and he's been in WARS

Max's boxing is relentless to say the leassssssssssst.. I don't see either of them getting tired.
Frankie has been recently KOed and Max has chin from a different planet. Hard to find any holes in his game while he's been on this run.

I still have to heavily favor Max but I still find the matchup intriguing. Can Frankie take him down repeatedly and hold him down ? Max seems to pop back up. Can he do what he did to Yair to Max?

Nah. Frankie is too small, and doesn't really blast into his TD's. He's a more methodical fighter, a very good one, but he can be out muscled by bigger guys. Charles Oliviera gave Frankie a tough fight on the feet. Max would demolish him.

I'd say it's either Chad or Volkanovski. Chad's done as soon as his gas runs out though. Need to see more of Volkanovski.

clearly its ortega.

that was the toughest fight holloway every had.

He is. Because as good as Max is, he never faced an elite wrestler.

Zabit or Moicano seem like the best option.

Moicano was piecing up Ortega until he got caught.... and i think he has gotten better since.

Nah. Frankie is too small, and doesn't really blast into his TD's. He's a more methodical fighter, a very good one, but he can be out muscled by bigger guys. Charles Oliviera gave Frankie a tough fight on the feet. Max would demolish him.

I'd say it's either Chad or Volkanovski. Chad's done as soon as his gas runs out though. Need to see more of Volkanovski.

Ya Chad is forever a tough fight. But Max's chin is just so damn good. Can he take a Mendes right hand?.... probably

Max's TDD is so good, his footwork is so good you can't even get a decent shot on him. Max has the youth, size, speed, reach. I think Frankie would get pieced up.

Of the guys Max hasn't beaten (hes beaten so many of the top guys already) I think Moicano has better chance than Edgar but I don't think anyone at that weight can beat Max. He's a special fighter, I think he has the best offensive boxing in MMA period.

Ya Chad is forever a tough fight. But Max's chin is just so damn good. Can he take a Mendes right hand?.... probably
I honestly think that any short FW is screwed vs Max.

Too much in/out movement with volume, and TDD

Mendes if he is anywhere close to his prime but I think he gets tired trying to take Max down and gets overwhelmed eventually.

I honestly think Volkanovski is a dark horse.

He has top power at FW... maybe im just delusional

I honestly think Volkanovski is a dark horse.

He has top power at FW... maybe im just delusional

Lmao. I just looked it up.... Chad and Volkanovski are the same height. Smh

I still Volkanovski is taller... we shall find out soon

Lmao. I just looked it up.... Chad and Volkanovski are the same height. Smh

I still Volkanovski is taller... we shall find out soon

thats surprising. I usually dont pay attention to height stats but In my head i thought of Volkanovski as being taller.

Yeah this is exactly how I feel. Aldo looked exhausted against Max after a few rounds. I don't see Frankie at this point in his career giving Max any problems.

Back