Is Francis Ngannou the only hype train left?

Choi & Lando are the best prospects despite the Cub & Tony losses, imo. Those 2 are the only ones who've faced top 5(ish) guys. And both had their opponent on the ropes. They're also very good in one area, which you need to get and stay on the top.

Mirsad Bektic is one of the best as well. More of a well-rounded type than a single art and work on the rest type, but has athleticism on top of skill. I'd say those are the top 3. Not sold on the rest, though Ngannou has potential.

Last edited:
Yeah I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. Does Jones count?

I'm not sold on Ngannou though. He looked vulnerable against Blaydes.
He definitely got wobbled a little bit against Blaydes. Still I think Blaydes is top tier material so I would not put much weight on that. I feel that Curtis could potentially starch a few top ten guys at this point.

I dont know if there is a hypetrain behind Francis. I have not seen anybody saying he can beat the top guys. Just a few people thinking he could be champ someday in an aging divison.

Yes but Dana doesn't over do it so its all good.

For me the Romero train is also a good, not so many wagons and there is always a seat:)

Can we get some hype behind Blaydes for GOAT last name??

Well he's pretty skilled in a shaky division so this one makes a bit of sense

Why can't we just enjoy Ngannou crushing cans every other weekend. Forget this title business.

N'gannou is super athletic, freakishly strong and has a gorilla reach...I think he might have the UFC longest reach besides Struve.

Cody Gardbrandt's hypetrain is still going strong...for two weeks.

I'm surprised more people aren't on the Micky Gall bandwagon. He's already beaten 2 future goats.

A consensus top 4 GOAT cannot possibly be considered a hype train.
Bearjew va that aussie with the leg tats would be a good fight. LHW gettin that new blood ya'know
Bearjew...?

Larkin hasn't been a prospect for 3 years.
He is just getting crushed by the UFC machine.
Could you imagine Lorenz Larkin vs John Jones.
<18>
when Keeping it real could go real wrong

He has looked solid since moving down to 170, the beating he put on Magny was scary.

Mirsad Bektic
Yair Rodriguez
Cyborg Santos
Jimmie Rivera
Joana Jedzkcyryckdydr
Yoel Romero
Misha Cirkunov
Khabib Nurmagomdeov
Cody Garbrandt
Brandon Moreno

At heavyweight I'd say him and Lewis, although Lewis has been crushing mostly cans. Jordan and Mitrione (fringe top 10ers at the time) whooped him, and he got a split with Nelson. To be honest if Ngannou wasn't fighting arlovski I'd love to see him fight Lewis
What ?!? When was that fight announced? And when is it happening. That a horrible fight for AA

Back