Adds TDD to skill set;
Adds wrestling and grappling to skill set;
Happy to stand with wrestlers (Stipe);
Wrestlefucks strikers (Gane);
LNP to steal rounds;
Decision victories;
High fight IQ and adjustments;
Rustles Dana’s Jimmie’s.

Admittedly slight hyperbolic, but who saw today’s fight coming?

Francis has KO'd 4 of his last six opponents in about a minute or so each..

GSP is super technical.

There's no real comparisson here bud..

Nah. He's not going to run into a lot of strikers at HW who force him to grapple. But, it's good to know that when he does, he can throw them around like he used to toss around bags of sand.

No

Rouz
Overeem
Etc
Etc

That he KO are all strikers

Stipe is not only a wrestler Stipe he mixes it up well and does both striking, clinch, and grappling. Also Overeem while primarily a striker also is an excellent grappler with takedown defense.

The only time Ngannou fought "safe" was vs Lewis. He was injured in this fight and did mount Gane and slam him. He didnt fight safe did what he needed to win

It's not the craziest thing in the world to fight where you have the greatest comparative advantage.

In this fight, it was clinching/TDs/ground.

That's not entirely different than what GSP did post-Serra, but Francis's skillset is a lot more lopsided than GSP's was...tonight is probably the only matchup for him where he would have to go to the grappling well over and over and over again to win. Perhaps against one or two others maybe an attempt here or there to mix it up

No

Rouz
Overeem
Etc
Etc

That he KO are all strikers

Stipe is not only a wrestler Stipe he mixes it up well and does both striking, clinch, and grappling. Also Overeem while primarily a striker also is an excellent grappler with takedown defense.

The only time Ngannou fought "safe" was vs Lewis. He was injured in this fight and did mount Gane and slam him. He didnt fight safe did what he needed to win
Not really, he clearly fought safe this fight, and did exactly what he needed to win. Very different to most of his previous fights.

Ngannou is a purple belt at best and I would classify GSP a 2nd or 3rd degree black belt in knowledge, technique, and skills.

Frank better be better at negotiating his new contract. I hope he holds Dana's feet over the fire.

Ngannou is a purple belt at best and I would classify GSP a 2nd or 3rd degree black belt in knowledge, technique, and skills.

Yeh, but Francis is fighting at HW, where there’s very few elite grapplers. And GSP certainly wasn’t there early in his career. And I did mention hyperbole.

Back