Is Framerate a big deal to you in video games?

What is more important to you

• Total voters
Jesus, I'm fuckin done here. You guys don't even clearly read my posts and want to argue with me. Peace.

you don't even read your posts.

ffs.

24-30 fps
pc console
no, wait... i was talking about a movies!
no, wait, i was talking about the series x!

ffs.

24-30 fps
pc console

Yes, the details are important. Reading the entire post is important. Learn to read.

Yes, the details are important. Reading the entire post is important. Learn to read.

the irony of this is palpable after you kept telling me you didn't say things that i immediately quoted you saying.

the irony is this is palpable after you kept telling me you didn't say things that i immediately quoted you saying.

You quoted me out of context and invented points I never made then attributed them to me and tried to argue against them as if I was the one that originally made them.

I know framerate is a huge deal if you game competitively, but I don't. I've never lost/died and thought if I had a better frame rate I'd have won. I do enjoy 4k visuals though. Honestly, most of my gaming at this point is pretty much Civ, or SNES games, so neither matters all that much.

ffs.

24-30 fps
pc console
“But 30 FPS is more cinematic!”

<{Heymansnicker}>

You quoted me out of context and invented points I never made then attributed them to me and tried to argue against them as if I was the one that originally made them.

ah, yes. i invented points by.... quoting them. from your posts. my bad!

it's definitely the fault of me and the others that argued with you. it's definitely not that you kept mixing up topics and then denying talking about ______ (pc, 24-30 fps, whatever).

XBOX SERIES X

Jesus, I'm fuckin done here. You guys don't even clearly read my posts and want to argue with me. Peace.
I read your post, just not the link I brought up thoroughly. XBOX ONE X XBOX SERIES X, honestly I have no idea what is what. Consoles are dumb. You say you use a PC anyways so what does it matter?

I read your post, just not the link I brought up thoroughly. XBOX ONE X XBOX SERIES X, honestly I have no idea what is what. Consoles are dumb. You say you use a PC anyways so what does it matter?

Because it affects BASE LINE GAME DEVELOPMENT

Because it affects BASE LINE GAME DEVELOPMENT
That doesn't apply to PC where you can adjust the graphic settings yourself very easily, and even add more features that go beyond the game developer. Why is this so hard? Do you not know how to use the PC you supposedly have?

Seriously we are just talking about getting 60 frames with max settings, not even putting an emphasis on resolution which can be adjusted 1080p up to 4K to get these results.

You couldn't have a more apt name...

Last edited:
That doesn't apply to PC where you can adjust the graphic settings yourself very easily, and even add more features that go beyond the game developer. Why is this so hard? Do you not know how to use the PC you supposedly have?

Seriously we are just talking about getting 60 frames with max settings, not even putting an emphasis on resolution which can be adjusted 1080p up to 4K to get these results.

You couldn't have a more apt name...

Oh calling me dumb now?

PS4 and XB1 are the baseline systems for AAA game development why do you think Cyberpunk is taking so long? Imagine if they targeted 60fps on PS4 for Cyberpunk it'd look like a PS2 game.

Games that are baseline 30fps on console are able to have higher tech underpinnings than 60fps games where everything has to be nerfed for performance. Why do you think games get downgraded before release?

Oh calling me dumb now?

PS4 and XB1 are the baseline systems for AAA game development why do you think Cyberpunk is taking so long? Imagine if they targeted 60fps on PS4 for Cyberpunk it'd look like a PS2 game.

Games that are baseline 30fps on console are able to have higher tech underpinnings than 60fps games where everything has to be nerfed for performance. Why do you think games get downgraded before release?
Again, this doesn't matter if you are on a PC. I'm not using a console, none of that matters to me. How many times do I need to tell you this? I run AAA games on my PC with 60 fps at 1440p MAX settings. What exactly am I missing out on? What is downgraded? Specifically... what graphic setting? I have access to those things and can turn on and off what I like, and if they don't give me the option I can do it by modifying a .ini file...

Again, this doesn't matter if you are on a PC. I'm not using a console, none of that matters to me. How many times do I need to tell you this? I run AAA games on my PC with 60 fps at 1440p MAX settings. What exactly am I missing out on? What is downgraded? Specifically... what graphic setting? I have access to those things and can turn on and off what I like, and if they don't give me the option I can do it by modifying a .ini file...

Then explain why Witcher 3 never looked as good as early promos

Same with Watch Dogs

Cuz consoles couldnt handle it so they threw the tech out, even on pc max settings it doesnt look as good as early promo material

Then explain why Witcher 3 never looked as good as early promos

Same with Watch Dogs

Cuz consoles couldnt handle it so they threw the tech out, even on pc max settings it doesnt look as good as early promo material
Witcher 3 looked amazing for me. I played it on PC at 1440p Max settings 60 fps and a bunch of mods. Not a problem for me, it looked BETTER than the early promos.

Again you can't provide me with graphical specifics. Are you talking textures? Lighting? Anti-aliasing? Depth of field? All of these things are adjustable in a PC setting... and you are talking about a 5 year old game.

Witcher 3 looked amazing for me. I played it on PC at 1440p Max settings 60 fps and a bunch of mods. Not a problem for me, it looked BETTER than the early promos.

Again you can't provide me with graphical specifics. Are you talking textures? Lighting? Anti-aliasing? Depth of field? All of these things are adjustable in a PC setting... and you are talking about a 5 year old game.

You dont get it thats not my problem, im not going to try and continue to explain to you why games built for a 30fps performance target on console are able to have better tech underpinnings than ones that target 60fps

Why do you think Red Dead 2 runs at 30fps on console?

Yeah I'm talking about consoles. Consoles should stick to 30fps on graphically demanding games, particularly open world games that stream assets in on the fly, so they can get the most out of the system and keep raising the bar for what's possible. If you then want to run it at 60fps on PC thats fine, but if you hold console developers to the 60fps mantra it's going to cause a reduction in graphical quality and the baseline for most AAA games will be lower in terms of their physics and world design in order for the consoles to hit their performance target.
Username checks out

You dont get it thats not my problem, im not going to try and continue to explain to you why games built for a 30fps performance target on console are able to have better tech underpinnings than ones that target 60fps

Why do you think Red Dead 2 runs at 30fps on console?
How many times do I need to tell you that I don't care about consoles? I haven't bought one in over a decade. These aren't issues for PC. Conversation over, Brain Damaged.

How many times do I need to tell you that I don't care about consoles? I haven't bought one in over a decade. These aren't issues for PC. Conversation over, Brain Damaged.

So you were arguing just to argue? Cool thx for wasting everyones time

Back