Is Floyd a bad guy?

He's a professional prizefighter who beats women, so I'd say yes.

Bullies his sparring partners as well. Not the best guy but most all-time greats are pieces of shit; in every sport as well

He seems to have poor taste in women and doesn't have the skills to deal with it

I never really thought of not beating women as an actual skill. If I ever need to update the resume I'll have to remember that!

I never really thought of not beating women as an actual skill. If I ever need to update the resume I'll have to remember that!

Dealing with PITA women is indeed a skill. Monsters come in both sexes.

Well neither do I, but that's not the point here.

I think it is. I watch boxing for the fights. I honestly don't give a shit what guys do in their personal lives.

equal rights, equal fights

there is no larger issue in hitting women as there are hitting any other person

Bullies his sparring partners as well. Not the best guy but most all-time greats are pieces of shit; in every sport as well

Er uh, you got this from the one TMZ video eh? You should actually look at more than that, there's plenty videos online of what his actual sparring partners have to say.

FWIW, this is the female in-question most often:

Now, if you take the time to actually watch the video, I'm not sure what you take from it. But I take from it a violent, psychopathic person who makes every and any confrontation with people she has a problem with a physical one.

This is a sport where fighters willingly take years off of each other's lives. Admire boxers as I do, that's not a good trait.

In other news, I don't give a shit what kind of person he is. I'm a big fan of Eric Clapton, he's said outright racist things in a way that only Europeans can; don't care, he's still a phenomenal guitarist

This is a sport where fighters willingly take years off of each other's lives. Admire boxers as I do, that's not a good trait.

In other news, I don't give a shit what kind of person he is. I'm a big fan of Eric Clapton, he's said outright racist things in a way that only Europeans can; don't care, he's still a phenomenal guitarist

Yup, if you chose to only support (as in watch/listen to) actors, athletes, and musicians that live up to your moral standard then you may as well not watch movies, listen to music, or watch sports.

I think it is. I watch boxing for the fights. I honestly don't give a shit what guys do in their personal lives.

I don't care what he does either, but the question is whether or not he is a bad guy, and the answer is yes.

I don't care what he does either, but the question is whether or not he is a bad guy, and the answer is yes.

Meh. I grew up around domestic violence and seen enough from others to know its not so cut and dried as that. You can't use a simple blanket statement to describe every offenders situation.

I don't believe good/bad is rarely that simple. I've been watching the entire Bill Cosby debacle with morbid fascination for many reasons but one of them is that this many who has a lot of great qualities has some deep disturbance. The interesting thing is, where does a person get to the point where they just have to be thrown away. Do we forget all the good things the person did? Cosby brought a lot of Joy to the world and inspired many people to want to live a better life with that show of his. He also gave millions away to colleges and there are many, many stories of his kindnesses, on the other hand, he is known to be arrogant, rude, condescending, nasty and not least of all a sexual deviant. All I will say is that I don't want the job of judging anyone. We're all pretty flawed in some area.

As far as if Mayweather is good or bad, I never saw a lot of real thuggishness,rather insecurity in a lot of his actions. It may sound strange but fighters are often some of the most insecure guys you'll ever meet, especially in MMA, insecure to the point where you can hardly really talk to them one on one, man to man. They get jumpy, hypersensitive and look for an exit when you initiate conversation. Why? who the fuck knows, maybe they were beat up when they were kids. Boxers are usually not quite that bad but you'll hear the wives of Ali and Robinson say things like "he wasn't as secure as he acted" and "something bothered him tremendously". You know, something major has to motivate these guys to do what they do. It's like having a small man's complex, they do things to compensate for something that usually only exists only between their ears.

I made a decision before the Pacquiao fight to not watch one second of a Mayweather bout which would contribute a cent to him.....I did not watch that fight and will not ever watch another one.

Back