Is "Fighting For The Fans" a Stupid Thing Fighters Should Avoid Doing?

It doesnt. It's just that threads like this shouldnt exist because its based on a fallacy.

It's to goad a segment like most threads (or least in part)...

One of the reasons I play here and only invest in niche moments...

That's why I respect Floyd, dude made millions but more importantly he is still healthly in his 40s, then I see dumbasses like Gaethje, Diego and Tony that love to eat punches with their face and are totally broken in their mid 30s
You have it all wrong M8.

Justin and Diego and Tony could never be Mayweather. Firstly,they are in MMA,and secondly,their strength is in their agression. Defensive wizardy is not part of their personality,and also they were not brought up in a family of fighters in an old sport. So your disdain is misdirected,if not altogether useless.

You have it all wrong M8.

Justin and Diego and Tony could never be Mayweather. Firstly,they are in MMA,and secondly,their strength is in their agression. Defensive wizardy is not part of their personality,and also they were not brought up in a family of fighters in an old sport. So your disdain is misdirected,if not altogether useless.
I only agree with your first part, they are clearly not in his level however that's not the point of my comment.

My point is that he is one of those guys that have been able to modify his style in order not only to win but to keep his health, this also have been the case in mma, guys that have been able to change their style cause they know the consequences if they don’t don't, unlike those other 3 brainless just bleed guys that keep fighting and taking crazy amount of damage, ironically Justin himself have said he love that kinds of wars more than anything(even winning iirc) but he have definetely modified his style.

My point, yeah fans pay the bills and we all love to be liked but there is no justification to put your health in risk when there are other options.

Not very many fighters have the iq to be technically defensive sound enough to not have brain trauma residue effects later on in life or even during their prime years. It's what they signed up for, being in wars is part of the contract they signed up for.

I only agree with your first part, they are clearly not in his level however that's not the point of my comment.

My point is that he is one of those guys that have been able to modify his style in order not only to win but to keep his health, this also have been the case in mma, guys that have been able to change their style cause they know the consequences if they don’t don't, unlike those other 3 brainless just bleed guys that keep fighting and taking crazy amount of damage, ironically Justin himself have said he love that kinds of wars more than anything(even winning iirc) but he have definetely modified his style.

My point, yeah fans pay the bills and we all love to be liked but there is no justification to put your health in risk when there are other options.
Justin absolutley would rather fight the old way,because he LIKES to do it.

His coaches have to calm him down,even to this day,because he enjoys it so much. His style changed so he can stay in the UFC and make the money,and so he wont get cut from the UFC.

Diego fights that way because he likes it. He would not enjoy doing it another way,even if its too his detriment. I'd say his case is different because he could do better,but just wont. Justin,on the other hand is making a concerted effort to control himself,but does not always succeed. Diego,is a true madman. He has come to the right place.

Tony to me is less reckless than either of them,and doesnt take near the damage they did up until recently. Tony is def not right in the head though,similar to Diego in some respects,but a more violent aggressive personality.

In someone like Wanderlei's case I would argue he actually switched more towards this as he declined because he knew it would help sustain his career.

He was always popular of course and often took dangerous fights but the Pride era Wanderlei could I think also be quite a bit more tactical, he wasnt windmilling everyone.

You could argue it worked I spose as Silva remained very popular for years after he lost his status at the top of the sport.

In someone like Wanderlei's case I would argue he actually switched more towards this as he declined because he knew it would help sustain his career.

He was always popular of course and often took dangerous fights but the Pride era Wanderlei could I think also be quite a bit more tactical, he wasnt windmilling everyone.

You could argue it worked I spose as Silva remained very popular for years after he lost his status at the top of the sport.
Yeah i noticed in the bisping fight and afterward he'd be less busier and waiting for oppurtunities rather than just walk through people. It really served him well against Bisping and Cung Le

It depends… They should fight for money, so sometimes it is important to be exciting. Lauzon is a good example. If he wasn’t exciting, he would be very forgettable, and probably have been cut years ago.

1. Chandler lost getting another title shot because of doing that
2. They UFC doesn't care about fighters at the end of day

Like big country said when he fought on TUF, winning is the most important thing. Not impressing Dana.

maybe-not-go-fuck-yourself.gif

How's ya mother?

Chandler didn't fight for himself. He fought for himself. I'm sure he wanted Justin to overcommit and expose himself to a deeper shot and/or didn't fight smart.

I don't really think there's a such thing as a fighter who really fights for their fans. They don't give a fuck about us. They might fight for bonus money though, or some fighters do happen to fight not very smart at times.
Theres a few fighters that thrive on the crowd, and will stand and bang just to get the crowd to go crazy. It doesnt always end well for them, but it keeps fans wanting to see their fights so in reality they are doing it for themselves because otherwise they would have been forgotten about and probably cut after 7 straight loses.

They should fight for the fans.

When I see Andy Wang walk down the street I think hey man, that guy's a warrior

Absolutely. Most fans have the attention span of fruit flies. Most fans are pos. Most fans don't really care about fighters.

The only time a fighter "fought for the fans" was when Mayweather let Conor last to 10th round.

Before huggers say McGregor did good remember Mayweather sent his cousin to place a bet for a 10th round TKO after the MGM refused to let Mayweather bet on himself.

Back