Is "Fighting For The Fans" a Stupid Thing Fighters Should Avoid Doing?

Chandler was losing and desperate.
He just tried to look badass and bait Justin

don't know if it's just me but watching Chandler take unnecessary shots against Gaethje, in a fight he was losing, just to give the fans "a show" just left a bad taste in my mouth <{clintugh}>

fuck the fans <3>

all they want to see is blood & violence. they don't care about you and the fact you're accumulating life-altering CTE damage.

fight for yourself, your family, etc.

these savage, degenerate "fans" are the last people you should be fighting for
BRO

just bleed

No one does that for the fans. People fight how they want to fight.

No one fights "for the fans". It's just something fighters sometimes say.
It's weird anyone would think all fighters are all unaffected by the fans. Many fighters clearly do start picking up the pace and engage more if fans start booing. Most people are effected by the opinions of others, most want people to like them.

Fighting for the fans is job security and a path to bonuses. They live in Dana’s world.

Some fighters want Love and Acceptance in life because they never got it growing up. Its fucked up and sad but its true, some fighters fight for the fans so they feel like the world views them as respectable.

No one should feel the need to fight for this particular motivation. Most people don't give a shit at the end of the day. Look at Spencer Fisher, he fought for the fans and now no one is going out of their way to make sure he is taken care of or at the very least he is being properly acknowledged and heard.

I like what Conor said, Get in Get Rich, GET OUT!

don't know if it's just me but watching Chandler take unnecessary shots against Gaethje, in a fight he was losing, just to give the fans "a show" just left a bad taste in my mouth <{clintugh}>

fuck the fans <3>

all they want to see is blood & violence. they don't care about you and the fact you're accumulating life-altering CTE damage.

That's what earns title shots faster than dominant performances! So I can see the incentive

fuck the fans <3>

Only if you lose

There is a balance, you can fight like Chandler and get paid, lose some, win some, or be Leon Edwards, Jon Fitch, losing to many entertaining fights is not good either, but having a fan friendly style makes things happen sooner/better.

What the fuck is this filthy Heresy being uttered in my Temple?

It's not for the fans, is for Valhalla and JUST BLEED God!

No one does that for the fans. People fight how they want to fight.

Call it what you want; this is entertainment. You have to walk the fine line between being exciting and being successful

That's why I respect Floyd, dude made millions but more importantly he is still healthly in his 40s, then I see dumbasses like Gaethje, Diego and Tony that love to eat punches with their face and are totally broken in their mid 30s

don't know if it's just me but watching Chandler take unnecessary shots against Gaethje, in a fight he was losing, just to give the fans "a show" left a bad taste in my mouth <{clintugh}>

fuck the fans <3>

That's Chandler's fighting style, he's not doing anything different. That's just how both Gaethje and Chandler fight. Just watch all their fights, that's just their fighting style. It just happens to be fan friendly because that's the type of fights that fans tend to like to see.

Also that fan friendly style is also why they get paid more. So in a way it is them fighting for themselves, family, etc like you say. You aren't getting bonuses fighting safe. Don't expect a pay increase if you aren't an exciting fighter. That's just how it goes. You can increase your pay with a huge win streak or exciting fights. One takes longer to do than the other. Plus fighting safe eliminates any bonus potential in your fights.

Chandler didn't fight for himself. He fought for himself. I'm sure he wanted Justin to overcommit and expose himself to a deeper shot and/or didn't fight smart.

I don't really think there's a such thing as a fighter who really fights for their fans. They don't give a fuck about us. They might fight for bonus money though, or some fighters do happen to fight not very smart at times.
"Chandler didn't fight for himself. He fought for himself."
giphy.gif

Call it what you want; this is entertainment. You have to walk the fine line between being exciting and being successful
Yeah OK

but no one made brawlers fight like that. They do that cos thats how they like to fight.

Imagine Machida trying to fight like Mike Perry. It would never happen.

well it depends on what you mean. Fighting for the fans is for example what fighters like Conor and Poirier do.
They fight smart but entertain because they are constantly trying to engage. Fighting in zombie mode, hands down and just throwing haymakers is being stupid. Fighting too conservative is probably good for your health but probably not so good for your wallet as people will not pay
to watch a boring fight
Machida didnt give a fuck what people thought about him fighting conservative. The fans had to either grow to love it or deal with it . Conor and Porier's styles just happen to be crowd pleasing. Theyd do that anyway though.

Yeah OK

but no one made brawlers fight like that. They do that cos thats how they like to fight.

Imagine Machida trying to fight like Mike Perry. It would never happen.

I mean I don't necessarily think it matters if fighters aren't consciously choosing to brawl because its more exciting.

Back