Is Faber exploiting Garbrandt's fatherlessness?

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Everyone seems to think that Faber is some altruistic good guy, but he is doing serious damage to Garbrandt's career because he wanted to use Garbrandt as his personal attack dog.
Garbrandt has pushed himself into a corner with the snake talk, team alpha male saved my life nonsense. The least Faber can do is get a real hc for real structure instead of the likes of Danny Castillo and Chris Holdsworth going into big title fights, but he won't do it because he is a control freak and egomaniac who knows how to come off as a good guy
Gyms need champions and Garbrandt is the most talent 135er of all time imo.
Misplaced loyalty has done and will do massive damage to Cody Garbrandts career. It is not nice but a valid question.

Didnt know Duane Ludwig knew how to use a computer.

Garbrandt is a grown man and his success or failure is self determined. Too much blame nowadays.

I think so I think the relationship between Cody and Faber is very similar to that between Ronda and Edmond. You saw how emotionally distraught Cody got when Conor/TJ insulted Faber on TUF, it was very reminiscent of Ronda's reaction when Edmond got insulted.

However now that Cody has proven to be inferior to TJ I think Faber will toss him aside in favor of his new star pupil Sage Northcutt, of course Northcutt has a father figure in his life so I think Faber being the smart businessman will attack from a gym bro angle.

Don't worry, he'll drop a div and become champ.
P.S. He's ok because he's not a fatherless bastard.

Who are you to tell a guy that's owned and operated a highly successful gym for 15 years how to run his business?

I think so I think the relationship between Cody and Faber is very similar to that between Ronda and Edmond. You saw how emotionally distraught Cody got when Conor/TJ insulted Faber on TUF, it was very reminiscent of Ronda's reaction when Edmond got insulted.

However now that Cody has proven to be inferior to TJ I think Faber will toss him aside in favor of his new star pupil Sage Northcutt, of course Northcutt has a father figure in his life so I think Faber being the smart businessman will attack from a gym bro angle.
Not a far off comparison. Misplace loyalty keeping them stagnant while others improve

that is a possibility, faber seems like a possessive guy. also he wouldn't think twice about betraying you. justin butthole was the new head coach, was doing his job fine afaik, until he went to alaska to fight and when he came back danny castillo was the head coach. he didn't think twice about fucking over the guy that was bringing the team together

Who are you to tell a guy that's owned and operated a highly successful gym for 15 years how to run his business?
If you watched ufc 227 it is clear who learned and got better and it wasn't Garbrandt. The faster/more talented guy lost twice because he made no progress, that is called questionable coaching

wow he got a faber fan here

that is a possibility, faber seems like a possessive guy. also he wouldn't think twice about betraying you. justin butthole was the new head coach, was doing his job fine afaik, until he went to alaska to fight and when he came back danny castillo was the head coach. he didn't think twice about fucking over the guy that was bringing the team together
I actually thought Bucholz did a decent job as hc and Garbrandt looked worst without him

Anyone who threatens Faber's alpha status at TAM gets outed. Happened to Duane/TJ and it happened to Buttholz. Faber is gonna ruin Sage next.

I actually thought Bucholz did a decent job as hc and Garbrandt looked worst without him

He did, he was turning into the one guy who could put a proper gameplan together, his emerging head coach status threatened Faber that's why Faber gave him the boot.

Anyone who threatens Faber's alpha status at TAM gets outed. Happened to Duane/TJ and it happened to Buttholz. Faber is gonna ruin Sage next.
exactly. you can think it's just a coincidence but at least it makes you suspicious. I started doubting faber's character when he poked the hell out of francisco rivera to get a sub win, it was disgusting. he also poked jimmie rivera. it seems like he doesn't like the rivera family for some reason
then you also have the whole dillashaw stuff, they were crying for ages instead of just moving on, quite pathetic again

exactly. you can think it's just a coincidence but at least it makes you suspicious. I started doubting faber's character when he poked the hell out of francisco rivera to get a sub win, it was disgusting. he also poked jimmie rivera. it seems like he doesn't like the rivera family for some reason
then you also have the whole dillashaw stuff, they were crying for ages instead of just moving on, quite pathetic again
He kneed Holdsworth in the back of the head but we'll be be butthurt about him leaving! The eye pokes were also the first time I thought twice about Faber

Faber fools you with his happy go lucky surfer kid look but in reality he is as vain as he is ruthless, a manlet with a Napoleon complex. Remember Dana secretly filming him checking himself out in front of the TUF gym? He's as obsessed with his muscles as he is with his status as team leader, that's why when someone is succeeding at a level that will threaten his leadership, his jealously comes out and the relationship fractures. Notice how most of these guys who got booted were doing pretty well.

Faber fools you with his happy go lucky surfer kid look but in reality he is as vain as he is ruthless, a manlet with a Napoleon complex. Remember Dana secretly filming him checking himself out in front of the TUF gym? He's as obsessed with his muscles as he is with his status as team leader, that's why when someone is succeeding at a level that will threaten his leadership, his jealously comes out and the relationship fractures. Notice how most of these guys who got booted were doing pretty well.
Crabpot 101

Back