Is everyone over Glover Teixeira?

will always be on Glover's bandwagon.

Was on it back in like 2007/08. I said he would be UFC champ someday. This was of course before Jon Jones came into the MMA world.

will always be on Glover's bandwagon.

Was on it back in like 2007/08. I said he would be UFC champ someday. This was of course before Jon Jones came into the MMA world.
I was never on his train I knew the true contenders would kill him including prospect blanket davis.

I count him a top fighter and look forward to seeing his upcoming fight, which I expect him to win. I don't expect him to dethrone Cormier.

War Glover, I'm not leaving this wagon.

I honestly missed his last fight but considering Davis won, I'm guessing it was ugly. People shouldn't put that much stock into that loss though; Davis is a lot trickier of an opponent than people give him credit for and there isn't that much shame in losing to him. OSP is a much different style of opponent too so I think we're going to see a very good fight here. I see this fight going to decision; not sure who takes it.

I remember rogan saying something along the lines of glover literally trained in his backyard for the davis fight. I dont know if he changed things up for this fight but I am interested too see how he performs. It sucks that it took so long for him to get in the UFC, I would of loved him at 205 pre jones era when the belt was being passed around.

glover should win this fight pretty handily
everyone forgot how brutal this guy is and i feel like the davis fight was just a bad night for him
i really fail to see what osp has to offer him glover is a tank when hes on

and jbj is jbj so thats forgivable esp now that hes out of the picture almost as suddenly as he burst in ironically the division is wide open and i see him building himself back up hes a bad match up for a lot of fighters with his skillset and strength

He's average. Needs to fight fellow strikers like manuwa, rampage, rumble and Gus. Those would be fun fights. He won't get anywhere near the belt tho

Unfortunately he's been inactive, but he'll be back on track when he subs OSP this weekend. A dominating win here and you'll see people calling for Rumble/Glover.

I'm fully support Glover here, can't believe in previous threads almost everybody was on OSP, he is legit but Glover should beat him IMO

Still a fan. His issue is his lacking speed and footwork, OSP is fast (well, compared to Glover at least) and rangy so Glover might have trouble landing on him. If he looks for takedowns I think he can beat him up pretty good though. Interesting matchup.

I'm a huge Glover fan and thought he gave Jones a pretty decent fight. However I think OSP will outsmart him and win a ugly decision.. I can see Glover landing something big and ending it at any time though; he's easily one of the hardest hitters in the UFC, heavyweights included.

Because he lost to Phil Davis in that fashion? I don't see anyone hyped up about him fighting or anything.

I think he's going to pick up the W this weekend against OSP and I think he'll look good doing it. I think he's still a contender and no one's going to stand toe 2 toe with this guy in this division.

But now that people were forced to watch him get out grappled for 15 minutes, I think they're turned off by his potential to beat the other wrestlers like Cormier. But I honestly think he's better than what he showed against Davis. He's known to have some really tough cuts but if you've seen him today, he actually looks a lot leaner and fixed that issue.

205 is getting too thin to forget a guy like Teixeira who is world class. I think he can make a run for contention.

I can honestly say I was never, ever "under" him, not even when Rogan was squealing about his "true one-punch knockout power" in promos and Bones Jones was going full 'tard about him in attempt to flog some PPVs.

Glover is now what he always been and always will be - a slow, plodding, limited can-crusher who will always be exposed vs every top 5 level fighter he ever faces.

and it took the Phil Davis fight to figure that out? not when he was nearly KO'd by Bader and Maldonado? not to mention he's like 36 already.

Yeah he really looked bad in his 3 minute KO of top 5 LHW Ryan Bader and the Maldonado fight which was one of the most brutal 1 sided beating in MMA history. Great analysis!

Let me guess, you were one of those guys who picked Rampage to beat him because Maldonado landed 1 shot that buckled his legs slightly for a second, right? You can admit it.

I never understood the hype. He's good, not great.

Yeah he really looked bad in his 3 minute KO of top 5 LHW Ryan Bader and the Maldonado fight which was one of the most brutal 1 sided beating in MMA history. Great analysis!

Let me guess, you were one of those guys who picked Rampage to beat him because Maldonado landed 1 shot that buckled his legs slightly for a second, right? You can admit it.

I picked Glover to beat Bader with ease, I definitely didnt think Bader would be lighting him up before one big shot changed the fight. Would pick Bader in a rematch.

PS: Bader wasnt close to being a top 5 lhw when he fought Glover.

I'm a huge Glover fan and thought he gave Jones a pretty decent fight. However I think OSP will outsmart him and win a ugly decision.. I can see Glover landing something big and ending it at any time though; he's easily one of the hardest hitters in the UFC, heavyweights included.

What evidence is there of that? Dropping Bader? Hardly reason to believe he's a massive hitter. He wobbled Rampage, but Rampage had been rocked/KOed before; I don't think his chin improved by the time he fought Glover, he just got better and not getting hit clean. He hit the Iron Hillbilly with everything but the kitchen sink and couldn't get a finish. So who else did he KO that is worth mentioning, whose chin we know is iron?

Stipe, a guy who was accused of having pillowfists for a HW, knocked Fabio out in what, a minute? Took 10 minutes of brutality to get a mercy stoppage when GLover fought him. Rampage couldn't take Fab out, either, and he had 15 minutes. Glover doesn't have elite HW power, or if he does, he hasn't shown it so far.

Back