Is Entimports UFC "News" site run by someone at American Top Team (Atlanta)?

Do you or anyone have a screenshot of that.. couldnt find anything on a fast google and didn't follow the thread that closely. Not doubting you or anything.

cant find anything cached sadly. I read it friday, im sure others did, and page address still has "b sample negative" in it.

cant find anything cached sadly. I read it friday, im sure others did, and page address still has "b sample negative" in it.

http://entimports.com/2016/02/not-positive-yoel-romero-b-sample-comes-back-clean/

http://entimports.com/2016/02/yoel-romero-cleared-usada-tests-his-supplements-and-they-were-tainted/

The title of those articles, as we can plainly see from their URLs, are "Not Positive: Yoel Romero B Sample Comes Back Clean" and "Yoel Romero Cleared: USADA tests his supplements and they were tainted"

Also, 500k hits per day? Bwahahahahahahaaa

Well this has made a fun wednesday if nothing else.

Wish GMathews would just post and clear it all up.

this guy is definitely linked up to entimports and is associated with ATT ATL.

He owns some facebook fanpage:

that just posts links from entimports.com:

https://www.facebook.com/MMAUFCMixedMartialArts/

Does that mean he owns entimports? who knows. looks like he does though based on everything.

It is pretty suspicious that someone from an ATT affiliated gym (possibly) owns the website that is "leaking" news about an ATT fighter being clean.

Last edited:
He's hosted BJPenn.com radio in the past, so I guess he started his own site to make money and shovel his s... stuff?

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/bjpenn-com-radio-returns-tonight-with-antonio-bigfootsilva-500-p-m-pt/

Good find...

BClAC3w.png

Interestingly the Twitter account linked to is "suspended" (To go with his other one that is "protected")

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/e...os-in-march-in-dallas.3139651/#post-112392903

GMathewsMMA, who, as it happens, seems to have posted in support of ENTimports not too long ago.
He also flat out states he's at ATT:

I'm a purple belt from American Top Team, also a 10th Planet purple belt, and train with guys from the UFC (and black belt world champions) all damn day who put me in this position.

The BJJ guys in this thread are correct, no one with any real legit skill level on the ground would tap to that from half guard. The only way is if the guy on top had an absolutely huge size advantage, and even then it's still not very good leverage or position to guarantee a tap. I guess it's also possible to tap if he suffered some sort of injury prior to that, and felt the need to get out of there, but it certainly didn't appear that way.

He also flat out states he's at ATT:

The prosecution rests its case.

+ listed as the sites owners
+ admits being in att which is backed up by other posts etc
+ posts on facebook a link to his "new page" the same time that entimports is born
+ facebook page just posts news from entimports
+ Appears in thread immediately after entimports involved in twitter debate

Defence... you may call your first witness. :D

Well, I was in my car and couldn't type this, but I'll keep it short and simple, since this isn't anything groundbreaking. I'm not that active on the forums, but Sherdog was one of the first sites I ever visited when following MMA, so I like to stay true to where I've always roamed.
Anyway, yes, I'm a partner in that website. My other partner used to run BJPenn.com up until BJ went on a massive cocaine binge and messed everything up. I do train at ATT and our site is a valid source for news on many camps, not just ATT. I don't normally contribute on day to day things, and am more of a silent partner, but of course I did stick up for the site in another thread, as we were the first ones to break RDA/McGrregor, confirmed JDS/Rothwell before the UFC announced it, etc.

One other thing, the story referenced by the TS was not published. It was "permalinked" since a draft was created but not published, then (before it was published) the body of the article was changed as was the headline, when more info became available. That's all that happened.

The prosecution rests its case.

+ listed as the sites owners
+ admits being in att which is backed up by other posts etc
+ posts on facebook a link to his "new page" the same time that entimports is born
+ facebook page just posts news from entimports
+ Appears in thread immediately after entimports involved in twitter debate

Defence... you may call your first witness. :D
kind of makes me wonder what jeremy botter was so adamant about. you would think that he, as a journalist, would get a stiffy if romero (or someone associated with ATT) was having someone from their gym make up fake stories on a news website..

Well, I was in my car and couldn't type this, but I'll keep it short and simple, since this isn't anything groundbreaking. I'm not that active on the forums, but Sherdog was one of the first sites I ever visited when following MMA, so I like to stay true to where I've always roamed.
Anyway, yes, I'm a partner in that website. My other partner used to run BJPenn.com up until BJ went on a massive cocaine binge and messed everything up. I do train at ATT and our site is a valid source for news on many camps, not just ATT. I don't normally contribute on day to day things, and am more of a silent partner, but of course I did stick up for the site in another thread, as we were the first ones to break RDA/McGrregor, confirmed JDS/Rothwell before the UFC announced it, etc.

One other thing, the story referenced by the TS was not published. It was "permalinked" since a draft was created but not published, then (before it was published) the body of the article was changed as was the headline, when more info became available. That's all that happened.

Well thanks for responding.

You can understand therefore, considering your relationship with ATT and the fighters there, why therefore Entimports should probably not be considered "reliable" as far as ongoing doping investigations go.

Which is what started this,, people repeatedly using entimports as a reliable source in relation to Yoel Romero and his ongoing case. This was the whole point, that people shouldnt be using a site that has links with said fighter as a source.

my advice, if it can in any way be viewed that the site has an impartiality issue, some things, namely anti doping investigations are probably just totally avoided. USADA can increase penalties to 4 years if they feel like it.

Or at least, its my belief anyway, that if you are going to report on ongoing cases such as Yoel's that a potential conflict of interest should be clearly declared on the article.

Just to make it clear, ive got no issue at with you or the site as far as regular reporting goes. In fact, knowing now they have good sources etc if anything makes some of the stories more valid, but just steer clear of anti doping related stuff, because you will get called out.

Last edited:
My other partner used to run BJPenn.com up until BJ went on a massive cocaine binge and messed everything up
you should post more about bj on coke. also pics

also.. you wrote an entire article on yoel's B test coming back negative and saved it as a draft before any information was actually out? then rewrote the whole thing over on the draft instead of deleting the draft all while forgetting to change the slug in wordpress? what?

Well thanks for responding.

You can understand therefore, considering your relationship with ATT and the fighters there, why therefore Entimports should probably not be considered "reliable" as far as ongoing doping investigations go.

Which is what started this,, people repeatedly using entimports as a reliable source in relation to Yoel Romero and his ongoing case. This was the whole point, that people shouldnt be using a site that has links with said fighter as a source.

my advice, if it can in any way be viewed that the site has an impartiality issue, some things, namely anti doping investigations are probably just totally avoided. USADA can increase penalties to 4 years if they feel like it.

Or at least, its my belief anyway, that if you are going to report on ongoing cases such as Yoel's that a potential conflict of interest should be clearly declared on the article.
Dimspace with the ko.

George "One T" Mathews is shady, got exposed, and got obliterated.

Liar

you should post more about bj on coke. also pics

also.. you wrote an entire article on yoel's B test coming back negative and saved it as a draft before any information was actually out? then rewrote the whole thing over on the draft instead of deleting the draft all while forgetting to change the slug in wordpress? what?

tumblr_mwocwvRpq31sp0cpeo10_250.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back