Is Edmond a bad coach or is Ronda just not able to learn how to strike?

Ronda will never be a good striker no matter where she trains. Edmond is just awful period.

It was the wrong comeback fight,she looked mentally broken after the first punch.

They should of given her someone like pena who cant strike and would try to grapple,while being like hey ronda edmond sucks go here

Agreed! After getting her ears boxed by Holly she needed to take on someone that would allow her to use to do the things she does best without fear of being fed a steady diet of punches. They tried to jump right back into the deep end with a striker who I believe is a better striker than Ronda.

Ronda does not move well enough to evade punches and close the gap to employ a clinch game.

Ronda needs to learn a double leg takedown to be honest

I think Edmund's results speak for themselves. Look at the career trajectory that Ronda and Travis Browne have taken under him. Ellenberger was smart enough to GTFO

I think Browne is still there because of Ronda ofcourse. Otherwise he would have probably left Edmond

Ronda wasn't ready to be touched with the jab.

<24>

It was the wrong comeback fight,she looked mentally broken after the first punch.

They should of given her someone like pena who cant strike and would try to grapple,while being like hey ronda edmond sucks go here

And delay the inevitable? A fighter like Holly and Nunes always do that to her, no matter what.

You can't turn a 2 round and 48 second domination into wins. It just doesn't happen like that. Also, for a legend, and such a great long reigning champ, there is NO excuses. There has to be a level of SELF AWARENESS, and critical judgment of her own skills, like she said before. I didn't feel good about that win. I give myself a C, or something like that.

You're telling me a champion can't watch her own tapes, and improve on her weaknesses, and acknowledge her own weaknesses? Yeah, no. I call BS on that, and call a spade a spade. She just doesn't have what it takes to become even a competent striker, or stand up fighter. She's literally just a one trick pony that can't do anything else. She doesn't even utilize kicks for god's sake.

She needs to take the initiative, and tell herself, I really need to improve my striking, I looked like shit during this post, or that spot, I need to do this, and that blah blah. But no, her white knights blame everything on Edmond, as if she's a 12 year old athlete that's being coached by her dad.

From my thread.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/coach-edmonds-fighters-insane-stats.3436139/#post-125585179

Fighters that are in GFC

Alfred Kashkakyan
7-3 pro. Lost his last fight via choke.

Chelsy White.
1-2 amateur. Lost last fight via armbar.

Harout Karapetyan
0-1 amateur. Loss by split decision.

Leon Shabazyan
1-0 pro. Win by choke. Obviously the golden boy in GFC.

Levon Sargsyan
2-4 pro. Lost last fight with decision.

Marina Shafir
1-2 pro. Lost last fight via KO

Melsik Bagdasaryan
0-1 pro. Loss via armbar.

Saverio Dalessandro
0-1 amateur. Loss via KO

Travis Browne
2-3 (since under GFC) pro. Lost last fight via decision.

Vardan "Team Carrier" Sholinian
7-2 pro. Won last fight via choke.

Ronda Rousey
12-2 pro. Lost last fight via TKO.

To stand a chance, Ronda would've needed the range advantage Nunes had over her. The same applied in the Holm fight.

Even if she's unable to learn how to strike, a good coach would recognize that and direct her focus to the things she does well.

Edmond is most certainly not a good coach.

Thank you Edmond

wzx9F6N.png

She should have stuck with Judo.....We always see from the people who know... "This is what Ronda needs to do to win" - and it NEVER happens. For her to stand with Nunes? It's almost as if she really didn't want to fight anymore and lost on purpose. I honestly thought Ronda had the edge coming in..I guess I believed all the hype and bullshit.. EXPOSED.

edmond is a bad coach. you are an experienced striker but somehow all of sherdog agrees that ronda has absolutely 0 head movement and footwork. why hasn't the BBB shut his gym down?

Edmund after Ronda was utterly dominated in first round by Holly Holm:

"BEAUTIFUL!!!"

It's probably a little too late for Ronda to make significant gains in the striking department, but Edmund is just terrible all around.

Edmunds fighter records speak for themselfes.

Browne looks awful these days.
Ellenberger looks much much better since he left him.
Ronda has not made any kind of improvements.
Marina Shafir is a bum.

IDK. I think there is something shady there.

Or a combination of both, this really looked ridicouless, She took time off and improved zero, no head movement nothing.

What the heck was she doing in that year off?

Maybe she's just zero talented in striking and just doesn't have the genetics to learn how to strike.

I don't think there are "genetics" for learning how to strike, unless it's genetics for having a brain and arms. Ronda needs to ditch the fraudster, develop beginners mind, and have a real boxing coach (or better yet a real boxing for MMA coach) rebuild her striking game from the ground up. She also needs to get a real wrestling coach to bring diversity to her takedown game.

It's all Rousey's fault. If she had only listened...

he is a fraud..
how they don't see through him is beyond me..

Because he licks their egos like they're covered in gold and chocolate. And that's all that weak-minded people want.

So they should have let her hide her glaring deficiencies and pretend to be good for a little while longer?

There's no "wrong" fight. Either win or lose.

Back