Is Eddie Alvarez what you would call an “Elite Brawler”?

When Eddie was booked VS RDA, Tony was booked for lando and Khabib was coming off his injury and Darrell Horcher win. Neither guy was top 3 at the time.
they were both top 3 since a long time. Alvarez duck them bad, and the UFC let go because they wanted the most easy fight possible for Conor ...

they were both top 3 since a long time. Alvarez duck them bad, and the UFC let go because they wanted the most easy fight possible for Conor ...
Pettis was literally the world champ right before fighting Eddie... And fought Melendez for his own title shot.

It's the most legit title shot ever given, and Eddie earned it. Khabib was too busy getting injured left and right that everyone on sherdog was making memes of it for years... You have no idea what your talking about. And like the other guy said, Tony was already booked.
That is why I said elite gatekeeper
Admit you don't know what gatekeeper is and just found out about it in this forum and wanted to use it to feel cool.
Move along.

Eddie is good at 2 things.

1) Punching really hard.
2) Getting punched a lot.

His game plan is to do both of these nonstop and hope for the best.

He is the Dan Henderson of the lighter weight classes. Won belts everywhere he went but didn't hold the belt for too long. But he is succesful enough to be an all time great of the LW division.

Pettis was literally the world champ right before fighting Eddie... And fought Melendez for his own title shot.

It's the most legit title shot ever given, and Eddie earned it. Khabib was too busy getting injured left and right that everyone on sherdog was making memes of it for years... You have no idea what your talking about. And like the other guy said, Tony was already booked.

Admit you don't know what gatekeeper is and just found out about it in this forum and wanted to use it to feel cool.
Move along.
7 fight win streak with win over current champ > 2-1 win streak (over 2 guys coming off of losses) with 0 definitive victories.

Even with the hiatus and injuries Khabib and Tony were far more deserving than Edward.

Last edited:
was also on roids.
Maybe in PRIDE where it was legal for everyone.

He never tested positive in the UFC tho. Even after the whole avoiding the test fiasco which even according to Chael wasn't his fault, he didn't test positive.

He was quite smaller in the UFC. Quite smaller.

I hope Eddie finds some of you fucking cans, and beats the shit out of you in front of your Mom. The hell is wrong with some of you.

IQ less than 70 confirmed
I supposed everyone at 70 IQ points and above only manages to counter argue in pathetic insults whenever they are backed into a corner. Everything, I said is perfectly logical.

Nice yellow card btw, lol. Keep it up.

7 fight win streak with win over current champ > 2-1 win streak (over 2 guys comming off of losses) with 0 definitive victories.

Even with the hiatus and injuries Khabib and Tony were far more deserving than Edward.
Eddie was a top LW for many many years prior to the ufc, pretty sure he was close to a title shot immediately upon his arrival.

Wouldve been interesting to see him fight khabib during those days when he was close to his best and Khabib wasn't balls deep in AKA yet.

Stylistically would've been a very interesting and tough match for Habib. A guy with very good defensive wrestling ability, strong defensive Jiu jitsu, great scrambling ability, good boxing, cardio and proven ability to go all 5.

I'd be confident taking peak khabib though, think he's evolved a lot in the last few years.

Eddie beating RDA is one of the biggest upsets in LW history.

RDA was the far better fighter, was controlling the fight easily until Eddie swung for the fences and landed the luckiest shot. Even then he still couldn't drop RDA before the fight was stopped.
I like Eddie but he had no business being the LW champion at the time. Dude is a warrior tho and in life that counts for alot, one of the biggest over achievers ever.

Then a dude who'd never even fought in the UFC's LW division before, summarily embarrasses him in his first title defense and the rest is history.

Eddie has more top wins than RDA, has won more titles and has been in the top 10 for over 10 years. RDA is not a better fighter and Alvarez was a terrible match up for him since his TDD is better than RDA's takedowns and Eddie is the better striker. I've seen most of both fighters careers and picked Eddie to win by TKO.

Eddie has more top wins than RDA, has won more titles and has been in the top 10 for over 10 years. RDA is not a better fighter and Alvarez was a terrible match up for him since his TDD is better than RDA's takedowns and Eddie is the better striker. I've seen most of both fighters careers and picked Eddie to win by TKO.
Most of those top LW's were not in the UFC so sherdog doesn't know about them.
Forget the fact he stopped Aoki in the first. Nah man Benson Henderson pounding on Nate diaz and barely beating Bantamweights is much more impressive.

Not a brawler. Great fighter. Really really great. Fell from grace though.

Eddie is a bum who took a dive for the McGregor era !!

The "bum" :
191121023946431281.jpg

You :
Sherdog Piss belt

Eddie isnt the best and he gets careless but he has some technical boxing especially his body shots. The way he dismantled Gaetje was quite impressive.

Elite brawlers would be guys like fedor, Randleman, Shogun, forrest griffin, wanderlei silva and rampage. They were elite as they were at the top of their respective divisions at the time but had little in the way of technical striking skills. They mostly relied on their chins, speed and power to ko lesser bums.

I still dont know how eddie became champion in the LW division without facing tony or khabib, and just after 2 SD win ...

Because his wins were higher ranked than theirs, and he himself was higher ranked than them...?

Eddie isnt the best and he gets careless but he has some technical boxing especially his body shots. The way he dismantled Gaetje was quite impressive.

Elite brawlers would be guys like fedor, Randleman, Shogun, forrest griffin, wanderlei silva and rampage. They were elite as they were at the top of their respective divisions at the time but had little in the way of technical striking skills. They mostly relied on their chins, speed and power to ko lesser bums.
I'd say no to fedor being on that list

Fedor does have some good boxing skill, he just also likes to brawl. Rampage as well

Otherwise I agree

Good enough IQ to be a champ in almost every org he's fought in.....

He's an ATG LW. Imagine calling him only a "good fighter".

It stems from Conor hate.

People can't take an objective look at Edward any more.

I considered Edward one of the best LW's ever even before he fought Conor.

Back