Social Is EDC Stuff A Scam?

The titanium scam as I call it is shown with this box cutter. 69 to 100 bucks for a box cutter.

TPT_main_16x9_a2a72865-8319-4340-bf9f-dd3ac71a64fd_900x.jpg

In china they make titanium stuff for 20 bucks.

I live on a farm and carry a basic paracord bracelet without all the survival crap. I have them on all the key rings in my vehicles as well.
It’s a great way to carry a couple feet of rope in your pocket.

On a farm a lot of stuff makes sense that's dumb for the average person. If you told me you dropped 2 bills on a Leatherman P4 for farming, or you spent a car payment on a flashlight that you can use in the rain and will survive being run over by a tractor... That makes perfect sense to me. No notes.

It's when a dentist has that shit that I don't get it.

How do you guys carry your EDC stuff? I feel like I want to buy velcro pouches for the belt. Where can you buy that?

What happened to the EDC thread? Deleted?

... I don't understand how some people can carry a 300-500$ knife and not use it. My most expensive knife is a Yojimbo 2.
In the local news, a 7-11 employee used a samurai sword to disconnect an attacker's arm. I think they had previous history, therefore his EDC sword.

Reactions: Kb7
I believe in EDC. I just have varying degrees of it. The one thing I always keep handy though is a Victorinox "Climber" Swiss Army Knife. Just super versatile.
SAK_1_3703_3__S1.jpg
What's the hook at the bottom of the pic for? Never seen that in multitools before.

I know a dude who EDCs chopsticks, a coffee pot and a tea kettle
There was a time I wanted to EDC a spoon for my froyo. Seemed wasteful to use plastic. The thing is I couldn't find a suitable spoon case or food safe fabric to make one.

My wife -

"Why do you carry a knife everywhere, you look like a psycho."

Also my wife, three times per week -

"Gimme your knife, I gotta cut something."
She should carry some useful stuff in the purse. Guys can't carry purses.

What's the hook at the bottom of the pic for? Never seen that in multitools before.
I’ve seen it used to thread twine or cord for camping set ups, but it has an official use from the maker……

IMG_2766.jpeg
Carrying it on duty today

Does the Byrna ammo have a shelf life? How many times did she shoot it? I'm guessing the ammo isn't cheap.
They have training ammo that are kind of like chalk balls that are like $30 for 100 of them, and the actual ammo is some pepper/tear gas combo that's around the same price but for a pack of 5. We ran through a few packs of the training ammo, but we also shoot real guns, so the byrna is pretty easy after the real gun.

I’ve been inching towards tactical pouches

started with a phone case in my belt

progressed to a phone clip that could hold additional cards and cash

progressed to a small camera bag that could hold it all + small power bank

Now at the point of a small tactical phone case with extra pocket’s….. should be able to add a pen to that <45>

love bring wallet free and having everything in one accessory (phone keys wallet)
Where can you even buy a belt pouch? In Tokyo, I think there was a store called Tokyu Hands that sold misc oddball useful stuff and I bought a soft stretchy velcro pouch that fit candy bar cellphone or actual candy bar/snack. I wish I bought more. There's a store at the mall here that sells teenager type stuff as well as paintball stuff and they had these military looking pouches, but they were bigger than a normal camera case.

One of these EDC threads got me to buy a Gerber Dime or Ten whatever they call it on sale. It's too tight opening it. I can't really think of a time I felt I wished I had it on me. At work I needed a Phillips screwdriver to open a toner cartridge that printer deemed empty, but you just need to reset a gear in there.

I'm more likely to need reading glasses on the road.

Used to carry a knife around NYC when I was in college there.

The one time a couple kids tried to mug me it really just sat there in my pocket and became a bit of liability because I was left standing in the street deciding if I hand these kids who demanded I run my pockets this knife they could use on me or someone else, pull it on them and stab a couple teens I’m not sure how much of a threat they actually pose, or just hope I can get out of this.

Ended up just shouting at them and refusing to comply and they took off.
That's the thing about carrying a knife for self defense you have to make the decision to stab someone and it is not a good look to stab even in self defense it about as bad as carrying a gun illegally for self defense but it is probably easie to defend a gun case than a knife case because a stabbing is seen as more savage and gory.

Where can you even buy a belt pouch? In Tokyo, I think there was a store called Tokyu Hands that sold misc oddball useful stuff and I bought a soft stretchy velcro pouch that fit candy bar cellphone or actual candy bar/snack. I wish I bought more. There's a store at the mall here that sells teenager type stuff as well as paintball stuff and they had these military looking pouches, but they were bigger than a normal camera case.
mostly amazon, however the search may be unintuitive so you need to think outside the box to find what you're looking for. Sometimes it may be ammo bags, first aid belt clips, gun accessories. I'm no gun enthusiast, so this doesnt come naturally to me, but I've looked at their stuff and they do some things very well that may fit your needs, like kydex stuff where you can make your own stuff that's not necessarily a gun. if you dont care to make stuff yourself, some of the dual phone holders can make excellent EDC bags, you just need to go down the rabbit hole of exploring them. Tool pouches are another thing to consider that may not fit into the EDC carry category, but certainly work.

I grew up carrying pocket knives and have had many different knives from varying manufacturers. I learned that the more I spent on it, the more pissed I was when a screwhttps://youtu.be/tlOhlr4pbqA?si=kjBNh2L8q9JFSz0P invariably backed out, I lost it, or something broke or wore out.

These days I carry a cheap Ozark Trail locking folder from Walmart. If it breaks in half I'm not out more than $2.99 + tax.

I need to get off of my ass and get my concealed carry. Bitched about the inability to get it in this state now I can and my lazy ass has been dragging my feet about it.
This is one of the best folders I had. $3.87

Back