Social Is EDC Stuff A Scam?

Damn. Edc’ing a surge. Are you a big guy?

Not a huge guy nor small, just average, & I was considering maybe going Wave. But then I decided fuck it, I want the serious pliers, & easier access / bigger scissors of the Surge. Thought I might be sacrificing some comfort for those things but nope, holster carry solved it. Easy one handed access when I need it, yet disappears from my mind once I put it away. Plus no bulky shit in my pockets. Highly recommend

Not a scam, just dorks with a hobby
Being a tradie you have to have stuff on you every day to do your job

Reactions: Kb7
I don’t carry one daily but for regular use around the property I prefer a cheap throw away knife you can really use and abuse. No real point in paying through the nose when even military guys have basic stuff.

I carry a leatherman everyday at work and I use it so often. It's a great tool

I've been carrying the same benchmade folder and gerber multitool since '96.
I fall prey to the gimmicky stuff as well, but only a few things I've outright regretted.

I've been carrying the same benchmade folder and gerber multitool since '96.
I fall prey to the gimmicky stuff as well, but only a few things I've outright regretted.

My daily is a Benchmade 975 since '96, too.
gnu.jpg

Get yourself a good holster. Makes all the difference.

I carry a Leatherman Surge everywhere for example, which normally might seem like overkill, except it's sitting in a nice kydex holster, near the back of my belt. I literally forget I'm carrying it as soon as I reholster it. My pockets stay empty, easy breezy.

Check out etsy / ebay etc for a nice kydex or leather holster, they have them for just about everything these days
I already carry a multitool in a belt pouch, I'll only carry a SAK in pocket.

<Neil01>

I carry a knife when I walk my dog in case we run into a dog of peace or a bigger animal and we need to brawl. Wife carries a byrna gun with pepper rounds when she walks him.

I bought my little sister this extremely expensive out-the-front blade since she’s a young girl and small sized, goes to work with night shifts sometimes.
I’m getting her a springfield hellcat next, for any random time she needs to take a late night uber.

Most of the times guns are unnecessary, but there are key times when you would give anything for your loved ones under higher vulnerability to have one.
C29CBD5F-F1C8-4B0F-8369-EECFC25E7672.jpeg

This is my EDC.
E8A610CF-C952-4D4F-9DDA-0CCB04F6AAD9.jpeg
56101BDB-077D-45B8-B0B7-D9B8FEEC3C11.jpeg

Last edited:
I am a software engineer. So, I always have a back pack to transport a computer. So, I toss a couple of things in there that I might need just in case. I always carry a cold steel knife and a fnx 45.

I carry a good flashlight that isn't expensive, a fancy knife that isn't too expensive, a Leatherman Surge, a pen, a lighter, & my banhammer.

The key to proper EDC for me is having a good belt & good holsters for all that stuff, so you can forget you're even carrying it until you need it.
what if your belt and holster are so good you forget your EDC is on you when you need it?!?!

<{Joewithit}>

I've been carrying a knife as a EDC since I was a kid. A SAK & a pocket knife because 1 is none. Been interchanging a Endura & Paramilitary 2 & they're both users. I don't understand how some people can carry a 300-500$ knife and not use it. My most expensive knife is a Yojimbo 2.

Be a police officer that is the best way to EDC

2 guns
Bulletproof vest (with option for plate in vest)
Multiple knives
Handcuffs
Flashlight
Zipties
Rope
Matches
Fire starter
Baton beating stick
Radio
Cellphone
Pen
Marker to write
Compass
Wire cutters
First aid kit
Watch
Key rings
Lock pick

My only problem with multi tools is they half ass they half ass the knife and the pliers they could easily make the knives frame locks on these tools and the pliers a lot stronger. The knives shoukd also be under 2.5" it allows you to take it in buildings that dont allow knives over 2.5"

Back