Is Dustin Poirier the best striker in the lw history?

As you said, when talking only "striker"
Conor is a better striker.
It will be fully seen in trilogy.
IF Dustin wins again, then yes, he will consume Conor on all levels.

It's not just about beating Conor. It looked like a Couture-like gameplanning thing. He's also fought, stood with

Gaethje
Alvarez
MJ
Max
Hooker

And didn't look like the best striker in the div in those fights combined.

TS, I don't really like you. But you damn sure posed a good ass question! And when you boil it down it basically comes down to what one concludes is better striking(obviously subjective). Better at finishing their opponents eg. ko-artists, or the better technical striker, ala point fighter? I suppose one could argue that there's some combination thereof that combines the 2 most efficiently. But you'd have to have stats galore to be able to be certain of any conclusion. All that said....Fuck it, I'll go with Frankie.
<Fedor23>

It's not just about beating Conor. It looked like a Couture-like gameplanning thing. He's also fought, stood with

Gaethje
Alvarez
MJ
Max
Hooker

And didn't look like the best striker in the div in those fights combined.

Well who's better, let me critique yours. I'm fairly sure I can do better job at critiqing your choice.

TS, I don't really like you. But you damn sure posed a good ass question! And when you boil it down it basically comes down to what one concludes is better striking(obviously subjective). Better at finishing their opponents eg. ko-artists, or the better technical striker, ala point fighter? I suppose one could argue that there's some combination thereof that combines the 2 most efficiently. But you'd have to have stats galore to be able to be certain of any conclusion. All that said....Fuck it, I'll go with Frankie.
<Fedor23>

giphy.gif

B15StAn.gif

Best means by definition better than the rest. The lightweight has been a grappler's division. It runs BJ, Gomi, Edgar, Henderson, Pettis, RDA, Eddie, Conor, Khabib, something along that line.

Poirier has wins over both the strikers in that list. Finished them both.

I mean, there are people who's like LMAO no it's not Poirier. Well, say your choice and we will see.

Matrix Mcgregor is the best I've seen. Porier is up there though. Top 10 maybe 5

Depends on your criteria. He's far from the most technical, but there's a strong argument for most effective. He's beaten Conor, Max, Gathje, and Eddie in recent memory mostly off the strength of his standup game.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a LW with 4 better standup heavy wins at LW.

From a technical perspective, Conor's dismantling of Eddie was probably as good as we'll ever see. He just walked through a legit, lineal champ like it was nothing.

No, I don't even think of Dustin as an elite striker. He has power and a chin.

No, I don't even think of Dustin as an elite striker. He has power and a chin.

Yeah, but it's not like LW had been dominated by amazing strikers... that division didn't have an Anderson Silva, not even lose... there is no obvious answer to TS's question, so it's not a bad question.

Who cares who is the best striker among 170-175 cm manlets?

Who's better. Let's see
- Edson Barbosa is leagues better in terms of variety and technique. His boxing is cleaner and he isn't even thought of as an above average boxer.
- Penn
- Edgar
- Pettis
- Gomi
- Conor

His main asset is his durability, he takes a lot of damage hoping to wear his opponents out over the course of a fight and eventually get the finish. Or win a decision in a war of attrition. That's all fine and obviously successful for him, but it doesn't make him a great striker.

- Edson Barbosa is leagues better in terms of variety and technique. His boxing is cleaner and he isn't even thought of as an above average boxer.
- Penn
- Edgar
- Pettis
- Gomi
- Conor

His main asset is his durability, he takes a lot of damage hoping to wear his opponents out over the course of a fight and eventually get the finish. Or win a decision in a war of attrition. That's all fine and obviously successful for him, but it doesn't make him a great striker.

No.

Back