Is Dustin about to get screwed over? Conor vs Justin for the belt next?

jko1355

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Thread title says it all. I have a sneaking suspicion that January fight becomes a LW title fight between Conor and Justin.... hope I am wrong.

Honestly Dustin and Gaethje should fight for it and Conor gets the winner. Justin definitely deserve to fight for it immediately

Conor vs Dustin 2 and Gaethje vs ferguson 2
Winner vs winner for the vacant lightweight championship. I believe Dustin gets it.

Why would Dustin be strewed over? Justin just fought so he's less likely to be ready to fight again and Dustin and McGregor were getting ready to fight already. Dustin also has the KO win over Gaethje from just two years ago.

Conor vs Oliveira

Dustin or Gaethje would need to beat Chandler.
Tony also needs a win. How are we gonna give a TS to a guy coming off a loss?
Oliveira is on a nice streak and is a real fun match-up against the Conman.

Gaethje vs Chandler is the fight to make now. Winner fights the winner of Mcgregor vs Poirier

He deserves to be screwed over for screwing over Ferguson himself, but I doubt that's gonna happen. The hype train for McGregor vs Poirier 2 is already rolling and it's gonna be easier to make everyone forget about Poirier's loss to Khabib in the build up then it would be for Gaethje who just got finished 3 months before the next scheduled McGregor fight. I say it's even more likely they throw Tony or Chandler in as a replacement for Gaethje at this point, but Conor wouldn't sign either of those contracts if he can have Dustin instead, it's the best match-up for him.

How about Chandler vs Conor for the vacant belt ?? We all know Conor is fighting whoever for the belt, do we really want it to be against a guy he already beat and who just recently fought and lost for the title or do we want a new matchup in there with Chandler who was already in consideration for a title fight.

Justin is coming off a loss so how does he deserve it more than Conor and Poirer who are coming off wins? Also Justin put up the worst effort of the 3 against Khabib.
Conor's last LW win was 4 years ago

UFC would never do it, but an 8-man tourney for the LW belt would make a lot of sense right now--Conor, Poirier, Chandler, Ferguson, Gaethje, Hooker, Oliveira, and Ferriera
So they can finally crown a new champ a year and half from now?

Gaethje vs Chandler is the fight to make now. Winner fights the winner of Mcgregor vs Poirier
Probbably the best solution, and after tittle fight Ferguson can fight loser to earn TS in the meantime he need one notable win.

Back