Is Dominick Cruz is up there with Fedor, GSP, JBJ, Silva, Aldo etc. ?

dontlaugh

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
22 - 1

13 fight win streak. if he beats Cody "NoDad" Garbage he'll enter 2017 in a 14 fight win streak (yeah i know his injury and his layoff are basically impossible to be ignored) still, that's quite an accomplishment. He seems to be fully healed now and i don't think he'll leave us again, if any injury happens he better retire.

Has beaten : Faber 2x, Benavidez 2x, Dillashaw, Mighty Mouse. (the best around the 135-125 divisions, at least by the time they fought)

So, Dominator is a G.O.A.T. Already ? What else he has to do ?

imo, if he beats Cody, they should give him a title shot at 145 after Aldo vs Holloway, since there wouldn't be another 145 challenger for Aldo or Holloway anyway, and Dom has not a lot of challenges left at 135 either.

Give him a shot and let him become 2 weight champ too, he vacates one of the belts after, why the fuck not ?

He's the best 135er so far and it's not even close

He needs to rematch Silly Dilly cause their first fight was crazy close

Not quite. The long lay-off hurt him, and he needs to clean out his division.

I regard him as the pound for pound best fighter fight now, and in my mind he's overtaken Aldo in terms of GOAT's, with the only fighters above him being Fedor and GSP. That's just my personal opinion though.

He is just as dominant but needs a few more title defense and just a few more names to conquer before he can be held in the same regard as those legendary champs.

But him beating Dillashaw was super huge. It is the equivalent to Fedor beating Nog, Jones beating DC, Anderson beating Hendo. (Relative to division)

I regard him as the pound for pound best fighter fight now, and in my mind he's overtaken Aldo in terms of GOAT's, with the only fighters above him being Fedor and GSP. That's just my personal opinion though.
Your AV needs more birds

He's knocking on that door. If he beats Garbrandt I want his next fight to be the Silly Dilly rematch, or against Frankie Edgar.

The Mighty Mouse win was trash.

He's knocking on that door. If he beats Garbrandt I want his next fight to be the Silly Dilly rematch, or against Frankie Edgar.
You mean Him vs Edgar at 135 for the belt ?

Does Edgar deserve the chance ? XD

Simple answer is yes, long answer is a few more defenses, as many of the past opponents weren't as skilled as some of the current crop, especially at 135 but Cruz is still the best of them imo.

No.

A lot of missed time and a weak division put him lower for me.

I see him more in the 15-20 all-time range.

22 - 1

13 fight win streak. if he beats Cody "NoDad" Garbage he'll enter 2017 in a 14 fight win streak (yeah i know his injury and his layoff are basically impossible to be ignored) still, that's quite an accomplishment. He seems to be fully healed now and i don't think he'll leave us again, if any injury happens he better retire.

Has beaten : Faber 2x, Benavidez 2x, Dillashaw, Mighty Mouse. (the best around the 135-125 divisions, at least by the time they fought)

imo, if he beats Cody, they should give him a title shot at 145 after Aldo vs Holloway, since there wouldn't be another 145 challenger for Aldo or Holloway anyway, and Dom has not a lot of challenges left at 135 either.

Give him a shot and let him become 2 weight champ too, he vacates one of the belts after, why the fuck not ?

And yet 3 of the 5 fighters on your list have had lengthy layoffs holding the belt. Is there such a thing as an MMA fan here on Sherdog that DOES NOT ignore the fact that GSP went 19 months without defending his belt?

22 - 1

Lol, Cruz is above all these losers, and tied with jbj

And yet 3 of the 5 fighters on your list have had lengthy layoffs holding the belt. Is there such a thing as an MMA fan here on Sherdog that DOES NOT ignore the fact that GSP went 19 months without defending his belt?
"Manlets" are target of Sherdog's doulbe standards 100%.

Everyone else can sit on the belt, except the 145-135-125lbs/WMMA champs

Back