IS Dolce the answer?!

The whole "bro-science" contingent are gonna have some serious egg on their face when they hear Dolce's latest podcast episode, title "Protein". One of the most scientifically comprehensive yet concise overviews ever given on the topic, and he does it all seemingly from memory.

Eggs are a great source of protein.

The whole "bro-science" contingent are gonna have some serious egg on their face when they hear Dolce's latest podcast episode, title "Protein". One of the most scientifically comprehensive yet concise overviews ever given on the topic, and he does it all seemingly from memory.

lol I bet

I'm not saying he's God's gift to nutrition, but he seems to have found his niche and I can respect that. If fighters want to pay him 20k a day to chop their salads and tell 'em to stay away from ice cream, then good for Dolce.

That's really all there is to say about the guy regarding his work. He didn't reinvent the wheel, nor did he have to. He's not doing anything different than what most nutritionists do, he's just doing it with fighters.

"Protein"

Before the protein lecture he also rants about how Ronda and Cyborg walk around 24 lbs apart.

http://ec.libsyn.com/p/e/8/9/e898da...1ce3dae902ea1d06cb8e33d5cd5c8b0f&c_id=9587898

I'm not listening to 50 minutes of Dolce's self-congratulatory blathering.

screen-shot-2013-01-20-at-10-26-50-pm.png

How about some timestamps, Mike... I mean Andrew?

There are plenty of good sports dieticians out there, dolce is just the celebrity one

Are you suggesting that the fats found in many nutritional foods are some kind of made up fairy tale? What exactly is it that you're criticizing about having omega 3, 6, and 9 in your diet? do you even know? or are you just trying to be funny? If you're trying to out Dolce as a wack job you might want to start somewhere else, there are plenty of things that he mentions that are actually stupid but having those fats in your diet isn't one of them.

There's a lot of bullshit supplements out there but I have to roll my eyes at people that don't know the benefits of having protein, good fats, and greens. What the fuck is it exactly you people are eating that makes this shit seem goofy to you? do you think you get in shape by eating ice cream and pasta? or do you think everyone who is ripped just has the genes or is on roids?

Your body needs fuel, the fuel you put in it matters.

Lol... Can't tell if serious or not.

I know he has helped fighters get better at making weight in their own weight classes but the only example I can think of him helping a fighter to make weight in a class below their usual one is Bj @FW... and that didn't seem to pan out too well.

Does anyone know of any examples other than Bj, an example that would support the idea that he could successfully get Cyborg down to 135 without diminishing what makes Cyborg, Cyborg.

- I remember Bj saying that Dolce basically gave him diaretics...

If by "what makes Cyborg, Cyborg" you mean 30lb+ weight advantage and steroids, no she'll probably have to give up all of that if she wants to fight in UFC

I know he has helped fighters get better at making weight in their own weight classes but the only example I can think of him helping a fighter to make weight in a class below their usual one is Bj @FW... and that didn't seem to pan out too well.

Does anyone know of any examples other than Bj, an example that would support the idea that he could successfully get Cyborg down to 135 without diminishing what makes Cyborg, Cyborg.

Getting BJ down to FW was a miracle diuretics or not. The dude once fought weighing in at 191 pounds. It's not like he's tall or has a huge frame like Rumble.

Hes help Thiago Alves make 170 for years and now hes going to 155 so lets see how that works out. I think its interesting because alves is a pretty close comparison on the mens side with how much muscle mass he carries.

Hes help Thiago Alves make 170 for years and now hes going to 155 so lets see how that works out. I think its interesting because alves is a pretty close comparison on the mens side with how much muscle mass he carries.

Oh there are similarities to Alves alright. Let's just say the timing of Alves going to 155 isn't a coincidence and Cyborg could do the same as him, but won't.

Getting BJ down to FW was a miracle diuretics or not. The dude once fought weighing in at 191 pounds. It's not like he's tall or has a huge frame like Rumble.

Miracle? Bj was a natural 155er. When he fought at WW, he was smaller than Georges, smaller than Fitch, smaller than Hughes. Bj was a LW. The fact that he fought Lyoto in a HW contest is a testament to how much of a G he is. Going down 1 level from your natural weight class is hardly a miracle.

Miracle? Bj was a natural 155er. When he fought at WW, he was smaller than Georges, smaller than Fitch, smaller than Hughes. Bj was a LW. The fact that he fought Lyoto in a HW contest is a testament to how much of a G he is. Going down 1 level from your natural weight class is hardly a miracle.

BJ had a monstrous frame for 155, he was naturally bigger than Florian when they fought, a guy who didn't look small at 185 against guys who walk around at 235 like Chris Leben

And the Dolce Diet got him so lean (~3.5% bodyfat) that he practically didn't even have to cut weight to make 145...and somehow BJ COMPLAINED about it. Dolce is a fucking wizard, if BJ had the work ethic and toughness of a big weight cutter like Tibau, Dolce could easily get him down to 125.

Are you suggesting that the fats found in many nutritional foods are some kind of made up fairy tale? What exactly is it that you're criticizing about having omega 3, 6, and 9 in your diet? do you even know? or are you just trying to be funny? If you're trying to out Dolce as a wack job you might want to start somewhere else, there are plenty of things that he mentions that are actually stupid but having those fats in your diet isn't one of them.

There's a lot of bullshit supplements out there but I have to roll my eyes at people that don't know the benefits of having protein, good fats, and greens. What the fuck is it exactly you people are eating that makes this shit seem goofy to you? do you think you get in shape by eating ice cream and pasta? or do you think everyone who is ripped just has the genes or is on roids?

Your body needs fuel, the fuel you put in it matters.

wtf is wrong with u

Dolce is basically a nutritionist but unlike most nutritionists he's a former mma fighter and therefore he knows what it takes to be a fighter and can cater specifically to a fighter's needs.

People talk shit about him but it's mainly the fat, cheeto eating people who have the most negative things to say.

BJ had a monstrous frame for 155, he was naturally bigger than Florian when they fought, a guy who didn't look small at 185 against guys who walk around at 235 like Chris Leben

And the Dolce Diet got him so lean (~3.5% bodyfat) that he practically didn't even have to cut weight to make 145...and somehow BJ COMPLAINED about it. Dolce is a fucking wizard, if BJ had the work ethic and toughness of a big weight cutter like Tibau, Dolce could easily get him down to 125.

"Bj had a monstrous frame for 155" ... Ok dude ... Can you provide an example like i asked in the OP or not, you seem to be a big fan of Dolce.

"Bj had a monstrous frame for 155" ... Ok dude ... Can you provide an example like i asked in the OP or not, you seem to be a big fan of Dolce.

Yes, he very recently helped Manny Gamburyan drop a weight class and completely rejuvenate his career.

Prior to that he did the same thing with Nik Lentz.

You can hear crickets chirping as the haterz go silent after they have been obliterated by a truth bomb.

Back