Is Dodson boring?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by m22able7, Sep 1, 2015.

1. m22able7

m22able7 Purple Belt

People get on Mighty Mouse for not being exciting and all, but he pushes the pace in the stand up and ground, he is always on the attack, at the same time I see from time to time people praising Dodson as being exciting, or being a better Champion for the division.

Dodson's style I personally find boring, he just sits back and waits to counter, he does not go on the attack, throw feints, set up his opponent to open them up to something. He is always just defensive in his striking and wrestling. I think people forget how boring he can be because they are not really paying attention and he makes up for it by having power and knocking people down or out, but the lead up to it is hardly ever exciting. Most of the fights he is backing him to the cage, main atack being tilting his head to one side and throwing the same punches.

I don't see him being any more exciting as a Champion and I don't expect him to make the division any more of a must watch. Mighty Mouse also has more to say on the mic when interviewed he can give a insightful interview about his fights, style and other fighters, Dodson just looks like he had too much sugar, he is too jumpy. Most of the time he is just talking unentertaining trash talk. He is the hardest hitter in that division though, has a amazing vertical leap and is fun to watch jumping around the ninja circuit or when throwing a triple flying knee on the pads.

2. lifelessheap

lifelessheap Gold Belt

He at least has a personality so he is automatically better than Mini Mouse.

3. mikehunt

mikehunt ........Belt Buckle........

4. m22able7

m22able7 Purple Belt

I just don't see it, find his personality annoying, I find Mighty Mouse's lack of personality more interesting than Dodson's, not that either one is exciting.

5. ZuffaExecutive

ZuffaExecutive Red Belt

I think he would draw more eyeballs then mm .Its really a shame though that someone who has defended the belt as many times as he has cant sell over 200k ppvs on his own

6. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

I dont find either one of them boring

7. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Dodson is very frustrating to watch. He has all the tools to be exciting but chooses to sit back and do nothing for long stretches of the fight. That's why he has so many losses. The people riding his jock are just parroting what they've heard instead of forming their own opinion, much like they do with Mighty Mouse.

8. Paradigm

Paradigm Gold Belt

never thought of Dodson as boring...but this is Sherdog. MM isn't boring either.

9. DetachedOrchid

DetachedOrchid MAYANS M.C.

short answer is yes

10. Yari

Yari ななせまる

I don't find him boring. I don't like MM though.

11. The-AxeMurderer

The-AxeMurderer Silver Belt

12. Drake

Drake Guest

Johnson is much more exciting than Dodson, imo. Way less annoying too.

This.

13. Th3Sav4ge

Th3Sav4ge "What the fuck is happening!?"

joke thread

14. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Watch this round and then wonder how the fuck Dodson lost the fight.

15. fightdonttweet

fightdonttweet Banned Banned

Dodson's weird. About half his fights he really has a hard time pulling the trigger. You never know which guy is gonna show up. Even in fights where everything is on the line like his semi final TUF fight and his last fight for a title opportunity.

16. MuayThaiBX

MuayThaiBX Black Belt

I like MM better because he seems more "real" than Dodson. MM is just himself it seems and Dodson is always trying to act like the goofy, overly happy guy. Dodson also is frustrating to watch because he goes minutes (and sometimes rounds) without throwing any meaningful offense. Yes, he does some flashy shit that can starch guys but there is usually a LOT of inactivity in his fights. MM always seems to be working towards a goal in a fight. Not just trying flashy moves once in awhile in between circling endlessly.

17. Fatal Catro

Fatal Catro Red Belt

I feel the same way when speaking outside of the cage, however I enjoy watching both parties fight.

18. Rhood

Rhood Gold Belt

Dodson is the Evander Holyfield of the flyweight division

19. WildShrimper

WildShrimper The King

He's actually such a boring fighter unless he gets a finish

20. SchlomoS

SchlomoS Purple Belt

completely agree with this. Dodson freaks me out. It's like silly^10.

I get why some people think Dodson is the guy considering their last fight, but Dodson basically just went into a defensive, dear-in-headlights mode for the last 3 rounds. His last 2-3 fights he's done the same thing.

I expect nothing out of Dodson, i have no faith he can win at all. It's like he mentally takes a back seat. I"m not interested in either guy, but at least I can somewhat appreciate MM's ridiculously smooth movement and timing.