Is Dillashaw’s denial of Cruz a BW title shot a set up for a Superfight with Cejudo?

Cejudo should be forced into a trilogy with MM. The fact that he got to rematch a guy who knocked him out so quickly and easily is rare. He needs to return the favor.

Cruz/Dillashaw is the fight to make.

He also said he doesn't think Henry deserves to fight him and should give MM a trilogy. It's the right thing to do. If 11 title defense doesn't get you a rematch what will

Cejudo isn't holding that belt for very long.

I mean, the main reason people wanted to see DJ vs Dillashaw was because they wanted to see how good DJ actually was against another great fighter. The same GOAT and P4P great statements haven't been made against Cejudo. The fight doesn't hold the same weight.

It's not really a super fight when both of the champs haven't had their belts for that long. What made GSP vs Silva special was that they were clearly the best in their divisions at the time. Cejudo needs to defend gainst MM and TJ against Cruz or someone in his own division.

I’ll say it again...champion vs champion is not always a super fight and this is the reason why. Yeah it looks nice on fight posters and in countdowns and shit but it’s not a super fight. Super Fights are when two dominant champions that have cleared out their divisions fight. When all that’s left is rematches and they’re fighting the #7-10 guys because theyve already cleared out the top 6. TJ has one defense of this current reign. Cejudo has been champ for two days. This fight makes zero sense.

If I was TJ I’d want Cruz. TJ is coming off the two biggest wins of his career while Dom is going off his most embarrassing loss to guy TJ just starched twice. Close the Cruz chapter and move on.

Cruz doesnt deserve a ts. For once let him earn it by fighting a legit top5 fighter.

Cejudo also doesnt make any sense. He just captured the title. Let TJ defend against the best at BW which are Moraes..etc.

I’ll say it again...champion vs champion is not always a super fight and this is the reason why. Yeah it looks nice on fight posters and in countdowns and shit but it’s not a super fight. Super Fights are when two dominant champions that have cleared out their divisions fight. When all that’s left is rematches and they’re fighting the #7-10 guys because theyve already cleared out the top 6. TJ has one defense of this current reign. Cejudo has been champ for two days. This fight makes zero sense.

If I was TJ I’d want Cruz. TJ is coming off the two biggest wins of his career while Dom is going off his most embarrassing loss to guy TJ just starched twice. Close the Cruz chapter and move on.

Good for Dillashaw since he has a great chance of winning not great for Cejudo who will probably lose the rubber match to Mighty Mouse.

The number one contender for the next bantam weight title shot is apparently Dominic Cruz despite his last fight being a loss. Him reigning as BW champ for so long most likely earns him another title shot and the fact that he lost via decision rather than a finish also helps him. However, TJ has already put a nix on that stating that Cruz needs to win a few before he’s given a title shot saying that that is what he had to do. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

If Dillashaw’s first title defense isn’t Cruz, who is it gonna be? Is it even gonna be a BW contender or could it be Cejudo?

Does anyone really care if Dillashaw fights Cejudo instead of Assuncao, Lineker, Moraes, or Rivera?

None of those really seem appealing besides Cejudo. Dillashaw would be a heavy favorite against all of them including Cejudo whom I think he’d demolish. However, a champion vs. champion fight is more appealing than a Dillashaw vs. Assuncao type fight.

So, what makes sense? A super fight title fight at BW against Cejudo.

Cejudo was extremely smart and called out for a BW title shot after beating Mighty Mouse which an extremely smart move. Henry first cut off the chance of an immediate rematch since MM being such a long reigning champion would most likely get and he also cut off the chance of this rubber match and having a risky fight and immediately losing his newly won belt since it was not only a close decision but a decision many thought Mighty Mouse won.

Secondly Henry made himself look brave and Demetrious Johnson look like a coward for asking asking for the super fight at a weight class above his. On the other hand you have Mighty Mouse talking big about a moneyfight against TJ or Garbrandt but then MM denies both fights even after Dillashaw offered to move down to FW and fight MM. Cejudo punked MM right there.

Thirdly, Cejudo set himself up for a big money fight before he takes the risk of losing the belt and no longer being able to command a big money super fight.

Agree/Disagree?
Dom didn't want TJ to get a rematch when a lot thought he had one. He's also been really inactive. Have him fight Moraes and the winner gets the shot. DJ deserves a rematch against Cejudo though.

Good for Dillashaw since he has a great chance of winning not great for Cejudo who will probably lose the rubber match to Mighty Mouse.

Yeah I agree. Henry probably wanting a hefty pay day before he fights MM again.

Henry needs to actually beat MM before he does anything.

Nobody wants to see Cejudo vs TJ.

Tj vs Dom next only makes sense.

A "Superfight" should be two dominant champions/stars fighting each other when there are no other obvious challengers in their divisions.

Henry Cejudo is in no position to be in a Superfight. He barely squeaked by DJ in a controversial split decision after getting his ass beaten by him the previous time. It would be a joke if DJ doesn't get an immediate rematch after his record breaking run as champion.
This, all the way baby.

The number one contender for the next bantam weight title shot is apparently Dominic Cruz despite his last fight being a loss. Him reigning as BW champ for so long most likely earns him another title shot and the fact that he lost via decision rather than a finish also helps him. However, TJ has already put a nix on that stating that Cruz needs to win a few before he’s given a title shot saying that that is what he had to do. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

If Dillashaw’s first title defense isn’t Cruz, who is it gonna be? Is it even gonna be a BW contender or could it be Cejudo?

Does anyone really care if Dillashaw fights Cejudo instead of Assuncao, Lineker, Moraes, or Rivera?

None of those really seem appealing besides Cejudo. Dillashaw would be a heavy favorite against all of them including Cejudo whom I think he’d demolish. However, a champion vs. champion fight is more appealing than a Dillashaw vs. Assuncao type fight.

So, what makes sense? A super fight title fight at BW against Cejudo.

Cejudo was extremely smart and called out for a BW title shot after beating Mighty Mouse which an extremely smart move. Henry first cut off the chance of an immediate rematch since MM being such a long reigning champion would most likely get and he also cut off the chance of this rubber match and having a risky fight and immediately losing his newly won belt since it was not only a close decision but a decision many thought Mighty Mouse won.

Secondly Henry made himself look brave and Demetrious Johnson look like a coward for asking asking for the super fight at a weight class above his. On the other hand you have Mighty Mouse talking big about a moneyfight against TJ or Garbrandt but then MM denies both fights even after Dillashaw offered to move down to FW and fight MM. Cejudo punked MM right there.

Thirdly, Cejudo set himself up for a big money fight before he takes the risk of losing the belt and no longer being able to command a big money super fight.

Agree/Disagree?

Cejudo has nothing to lose. DJ had the record of title defenses to protect.

Cejudo should be defending his belt, same for TJ.
TJ is not just being a dick, but a big fat duck as well.
he was crying all the time for not getting a title shot he deserved, but then not giving one to Dom... whom BTW, kicked his ass.
He should have been looking to prove that his first fight against Dom was a fluke. But now that he has the power to avenge that loss, he ducks.
heck, even Bisping the master duck himself used his belt to get a rematch against hendo...

I'd say TJ has a legitimate beef. He won the belt against the BW GOAT, and defended it twice, one of them against the BW GOAT he took the belt from.

Then he lost the strap top DC in a very close, contentious split decision. In all honesty, it would have been fair for him to get an immediate rematch. But instead the UFC had him face off against not 1 but 2 ranked contenders before he got another TS. OK- Fine.

Then he gets his title shot and KO's Cody in the second rd. A far more definitive win than the way he lost the belt. But they go ahead and give Cody an immediate rematch. Which TJ wins with an even more definitive KO.

Now they are discussing giving DC an immediate TS after coming off a definitive loss and nearly 2 years of inactivity.

I don't blame him at all for saying fuck no to that.

Dom needs to win at least 1 fight. Should be:

TJ/Assuncao 3
Cruz/Moraes
(Same card)

Cejudo vs Mouse 3. And if Mouse is out for too long then the Pettis/Formiga winner gets next.

Dom needs to win at least 1 fight. Should be:

TJ/Assuncao 3
Cruz/Moraes
(Same card)

Cejudo vs Mouse 3. And if Mouse is out for too long then the Pettis/Formiga winner gets next.

I agree there that Cruz needs to win at least one. He’s been gone for a long time and coming off of a loss.

I think Mighty Mouse beats Cejudo 9/10 times so if I was Henry I would also be staying as far away from MM as long as I could.

Why not do the money fight with TJ before he loses the belt and then can’t do a money fight.

I wish Cruz would just disappear.

His stupid 10-9, touch’n’go style, mixed with a few surprise TD’s which lead to nothing is exactly the style which is ruining MMA.
And I hate seeing his smug attitude in the broadcasting booth, like he’s so brilliant for boring the shit out of most fans.

Soon we will have people on their first fight in the UFC fighting a higher weight class and calling it a super fight. Both won the title like two days ago. Both with zero defences. Not a super fight. If tj wants to go down then go down.

Funny how some of the funniest champs to wathc. Like lawler, never felt the need to call out other champions.

Hate what WME era has become.

No fight against Henry Cejudo should be considered a superfight. Considering he got destroyed by the 11-time champ in the first fight and squeaked out a dead even split decision in the second one he's not even the undisputed Champion.

Back