Is Diego the guy Connor needs?

If Connor wins he should get the next shot. Very active and destroying guys.

Diego almost completely lacks striking defense; Conor would have his way with him and finish the fight under two rounds.

Different weight classes.

Conor needs Edgar, Mendes, Bermudez or Lamas.

Right now he's hyped.

Diego is the guy Conor needs but doesn't deserve.

No, that won't prove anything. He needs a top 3 FW.

wrong weight class, plus Diego will get picked apart and won't take conor down because 1) his striking is too poor to set up a td; 2) conor moves too well for Diego to get a shot; 3) Diego's wrestling is often over-rate.

diego struggles whenever he can't get the td--his old brawling style and cardio aren't the advantages they used to be.

Different weight classes.

Conor needs Edgar, Mendes, Bermudez or Lamas.

Right now he's hyped.

No, he needs Lamas

Out of all the top guys in the division, I think Lamas (and Bermudez, I guess) are the easiest for Conor. Bermudez is too hittable and I don't see him getting it to the mat, and Lamas, his TD's really aren't anything special at all and although he's not necessarily bad on the feet, Conor is definitely on a different level and catches him eventually and puts him away.

Cub, Frankie, Mendes and Aldo are all much more interesting/tougher fights for Conor.

Diego took too much damage. Dude been fighting since 2002, yea 13 years of training and absorbing damage. He will likely pay with his health in years to come like NFL players, I hope he's saved his loot. Connor using him for target practice will prove NADA.

Diego is the worst fighter in the UFC....he would not be a test to Conor at all.

I love how everyone is totally overlooking Dennis Siver. (That said, Conor will wreck him in route to the title.)

No. I'd honestly be worried for Diago's health... McGregor would crack him in the first exchange and continue to crack him until Diego is unconscious.

I'm pretty sure the only test worthy of Connor is him vs. Mirko Liddell-Penn "The Hammer" Jones-Emelianenko-Pierre.

Eh I'd go with A prime Wanderlei Velasquez "The Muscle Shark" Nogueira-Arona-Hughes-Sakuraba. Both good fights though.

Back