Is Diego the guy Connor needs?

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
To really see what Conor has in him? We know Diego isn't gnna try to lay on him. We know Diego has an incredulous chin and we know Diego will not tire over 3 rounds. Is that a fight to make to find Conor that test?

Diego would get picked apart. If Conor loses the advantage in the standup, he'll adjust. Diego will just keep being Diego whether it works or not.

Yeah...Conor really needs a guy whose best ability is absorbing punches with his face :icon_conf

ufc_on_versus_3_diego_sanchez.png

Yeah, another guy where people can claim they're tailor-made for Conor's style, that's a great idea

I can see Conor landing some crazy kicks in this fight

Conor needs an opponent who gets more than 1 sec total coverage in an Official UFC Fight Trailer

To really see what Conor has in him? We know Diego isn't gnna try to lay on him. We know Diego has an incredulous chin and we know Diego will not tire over 3 rounds. Is that a fight to make to find Conor that test?

I don't disagree that in some aspects Diego could be a good opponent for Conor, however, I think he'll just become a punching bag for an easy UD. Sanchez is a shell of his former self; a decade of fighting and over 20 fights in the UFC will do that though.

Conor needs an opponent who gets more than 1 sec total coverage in an Official UFC Fight Trailer

He needs to fight somebody that has a good chin on him. It seems that all of his opponents fold up and look for a way out the second Connor lands a glancing blow.

I'm pretty sure the only test worthy of Connor is him vs. Mirko Liddell-Penn "The Hammer" Jones-Emelianenko-Pierre.

He needs to fight somebody that has a good chin on him. It seems that all of his opponents fold up and look for a way out the second Connor lands a glancing blow.

"These featherweights don't understand. It's a whole new ball game when you get hit by me"
-goat

Conner would just destroy Diego for 3 rounds straight...it'll be entertaining but at the same time it isn't going to boost Conner's street since Diego is known to be a human sponge

No man, Diego is too slow & takes too many punches. Conor would eat him alive with movement, that would be a really ugly beating. Conor is going to end up getting a title shot without fighting anybody who doesn't match up perfectly for him. Aldo will likely teach him a lesson, if not, Mendes or Edgar will. What he needs is to get drubbed by one of them, which would assuredly happen at this time, and then he'll know exactly what it is he needs to do to get to the top.

Back