Is Diego Sanchez a warrior?

Is Diego Sanchez a warrior?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you look at his overall career, do you think he's a warrior?

Yes!

U8gHfx.gif

Of course he is. Let's not get carried away. But let's also admit he took the easy way out tonight.

Of course he is. But, I didn’t expect him to take that easy way out of a loss.

Smith could have had the LHW title by DQ. The man didn’t feel it would have been right. If you want to talk about win bonuses. They don’t get any bigger than a UFC belt.

you can just throw this on the pile with all the split decisions they gave him that he did not win. dude has more undeserved wins than any other 5 fighters combined.

Last I checked he got the win for this. Diego gets a pass from me. He's been in enough wars, he should get a gimmie. Guy should have stayed within the rules.

Damn people are stupid.

Only good as your last fight. That was a $ move on his part. Veteran play and anyone else in his position would have too. He isnt vetting McGregor $ jesus

Diego Sanchez is a nut... which in turn makes him a nut ass warrior.

If you look at his overall career, do you think he's a warrior?

He used to be, and I respect the hell out of him. But if he fights again after tonight, he's a complete delusional idiot.

These dudes need to learn self worth outside of fighting, not to mention how valuable it is to have brain cells.

He's gone from:
Diego-Sanchez-2.png

to:
diego-sanchez-van-damme.jpg

Course he peacefully stopped the fight. It's a new Diego, he's turned face.

Damn people are stupid.

Only good as your last fight. That was a $ move on his part. Veteran play and anyone else in his position would have too. He isnt vetting McGregor $ jesus

Only as good as your last fight/game is a time honored axiom in the sports world. For some reason people in this forum uniquely misunderstand it as some sort of knock on a man's legacy or to mean 'what have you done for me lately'.

In the context of Diego Sanchez, only as good as his last fight means that when considering where Diego should be ranked as a fighter currently, it's obviously somewhere lower than the clown he fought tonight. He was once elite, but that's irrelevant when analyzing how good he is now.

Here's Frankie Edgar weighing in on the issue:

Back