Is Diego Brandau an easier or tougher matchup for McGregor than Cole Miller was?

neither of them have a chance against the GOAT.

woudl have preferred them to get someone like guida though.
That would require the UFC to actually be willing to give McGreGOAT a bad style match-up though.

Diego Brandao is very dangerous in the first and 2nd round Diego has been known to fade but I think it's based on his pace then actual gas tank, Diego is very aggressive and throws a lot of his punches at %100. That being said he has a underrated ground game I'll never forget when he arm barred Dennis when he was seriously hurt, people thought that if Cole Miller was going to beat McGregor it would be on the ground and I think Diego brings the same thing to the table ground wise in my opinion. I would love to see how this fight would play out especially how aggressive Diego is, could this fight possibly be like what we saw in the Brimage fight I'm not sure.

He's actually a black belt now, but yeah, if McGregor tried to wrestle Miller the way he did Holloway then he'd get owned so fucking hard lol.

I thought so, felt odd typing that.

This.

The fight is pointless and it's only purpose is for the UFC to pad Conor's record with wins so they can hype him in the UK market. This happened with Bisping. Dan Hardy got a title shot for a decision over Mike Swick.
Damn seems like forever since that Hardy/Swick fight.. I always thought they pampered their euro fighters more than Americans back then but their hopes of Bisping/Hardy crashed and burned hard. I guess their scrapping for any way to get into that market still. Is Connor the key? I guess well find out but wouldn't it be something if this fight blew up in their faces and Connor loses.

The shitstorm on here will be epic.

Miller was a gift, Brandao is still a favorable matchup but at least on paper presents more problems. We all knew Miller would most likely lose the striking and lack the athletic ability to threaten with a takedown.

The first 5 minutes of this fight will at least be very interesting.

Make no mistake though, they are building Connor up slow and hoping he wins or else they would have brought in Poirier.

this.and I think Poirier takes him out pretty handily

Easier. Brandao is a sloppy striker with little heart and no cardio.

This is a dream match up for McGregor IMO. He should walk away with a nice inflated ranking.

Edit: Unless Diego snatches up a sub. He caught Bermudez, a much better fighter than either one of them so it's entirely possible.

Anything can happen in MMA.

Last edited:
McGregor beats any version of Brandao. I wouldn't be surprise if Brandao decides to take the easy way via injury, just like his predecessor.

Slightly harder. I don't think either guys has much of a chance of outpointing McGregor, so the real question is which guy has more dynamic finishing ability to pull off an upset against a superior fighter? And that's Brandao.

I think people understimate the GOAT ground game a bit. He has been traning with Gunnar Nelson and he obsessed with learning anything martial arts related.

I think Brandao is overall more dangerous, athletic, talented, and flat out better.

However, Brandao's cardio and octagon composure are flat out awful and Miller has no such deficiencies being a veteran of MMA.

I think people understimate the GOAT ground game a bit. He has been traning with Gunnar Nelson and he obsessed with learning anything martial arts related.

His mentor and coach is also Ireland's first bjj black belt, he'll prove the doubters wrong soon enough.

Back