Is Deontay Wilder the future of Heavyweight boxing?

Thanks for introducing yourself and the WSB to the boards proper Filip. Good to have u.

Really xD? Relax bro, just check out the fights. Or better yet, watch his fights in the EUBC, I believe he's fighting in the semi-finals tonight.

The answer is yes. Wilder is currently an undefeated champion with huge knockout power and upside potential for greatness.

Add to the future of the heavyweight division: Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Joseph Parker, Hughie Fury and as a 6'3" southpaw even add Olexandr Usyk to the list.....These boxers will compete against each other and dominate for years....I predict that this era will be seen as even greater than the era of Ali, Frazier, Foreman and Norton.

Usyk yes just on being a very skillful boxer. He's a little on the small side being a natural cruiser. But the Furies I don't see doing much. I think Tyson gives Wlad his toughest fight for a while but that's as good as he'll get. Not sold on Hughie either.

Wilder has potential but he's just not developing anywhere near as quickly as Joshua who looks to be close to overtaking him. Parker is very promising, awesome power and speed just need to see how he takes a shot. But for me the dark horse is Dillian Whyte.

The other guy I'd love to see turn pro is Majidov.

I think once Wlads out of the way Joshua might be the best bet.

He's still only 25. He'll follow the Lennox Lewis route Lewis turned pro around the same age but Lewis had more amateur experience.

He'll go the traditional route getting a british, commonwealth, european etc get a lonsdale and eventually step up.

I think he'll do that, stay busy building his record and step up when the time is right.

No need to rush, he has time on his side. Looks better every time out and can develop a big following.

Lewis was one of the best ever but it looks to me that Joshua is following a similar gameplan just remains to be seen how far he can go.

With Deontay he jst spent so long building up to stepping up it puts ??? in my head. I know he lacked ammy experience but Audrey in his 28th fight?

I think once Wlads out of the way Joshua might be the best bet.

He's still only 25. He'll follow the Lennox Lewis route Lewis turned pro around the same age but Lewis had more amateur experience.

He'll go the traditional route getting a british, commonwealth, european etc get a lonsdale and eventually step up.

I think he'll do that, stay busy building his record and step up when the time is right.

No need to rush, he has time on his side. Looks better every time out and can develop a big following.

Lewis was one of the best ever but it looks to me that Joshua is following a similar gameplan just remains to be seen how far he can go.

With Deontay he jst spent so long building up to stepping up it puts ??? in my head. I know he lacked ammy experience but Audrey in his 28th fight?

There was an analysis floating around somewhere and Deontay's record thus far has better opponents then an early Mike Tyson

Joshua getting hyped bigger than Wilder was now.

No, I don't think he'll be the future, but he'll continue to be a real factor in the division going forward.

Wilder knocks Furys head into Hughies lap

Nope that would be Tyson Fury

Yup....and that would be Deontay Wilder AND Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua and Hughie Fury and Joseph Parker and maybe Olexandr Usyk....The good times in the heavyweights are-a-comin'

Yup....and that would be Deontay Wilder AND Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua and Hughie Fury and Joseph Parker and maybe Olexandr Usyk....The good times in the heavyweights are-a-comin'

I can dig it!

he looked so green in his last fight i have to say no

There was an analysis floating around somewhere and Deontay's record thus far has better opponents then an early Mike Tyson

Maybe early oppnents had similar records but Mike was HW champ when Deontay was fighting bums.

I'm all for careful matchmaking but Deontay was matched soft for a long time.

I guess Stiverne could be a Berbick. Wilder has fought bums (harsh not bums but h
e has a padded record).

That nalysis is laughable. Deontay is a big, talented guy but he has a padded record.

Maybe early oppnents had similar records but Mike was HW champ when Deontay was fighting bums.

I'm all for careful matchmaking but Deontay was matched soft for a long time.

I guess Stiverne could be a Berbick. Wilder has fought bums (harsh not bums but h
e has a padded record).

That nalysis is laughable. Deontay is a big, talented guy but he has a padded record.

Look at the "bums" that Rocky Marciano and George Foreman fought at the same point and number of fights as Deontay currently.....hmmm.

I think it's gonna be between Joshua and Wilder

He has power, but needs more finesse and technique. Also, he needs to face better competition. If he can fight smart, maybe he can give wlad and potvetkin a challenge.

Could be. I think Deontay and AJ are going to be fighting it out for Supremacy..

Back