Is Dennis Siver Durable/His Best shot at winning

JaeA

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This is a rant of my confusion on how good of a shot Siver has on winning this fight.
Many questions in this rant :eek:

Block out the McGregor Hype completely and just base this fight solely on the two fighters and performances.

I have this vivid memory of watching some of Sivers Early UFC fights and seeing flashy spinning kicks and beating some good fighters like George Sotiropoulos and Spencer Fisher. But now he has aged and dropped a weight class. At 145 he hasnt had a finish but he has beaten a few decent fighters all by UD. How is his power? Is he a big threat to Connor with his Kickboxing?

Connor on the other hand is hard to really judge. 2 TKO's over Average FW's by UFC standards. And 2 other Victories over Opponents who are young and very good (Max Holloway and Porier.) But he finished fighters without taking much damage himself and looked super poised while doing it.

And Is Siver durable enough to withstand Connor?

Do you think his (Siver) best shot is to catch him a flashy kick or KO strike or Win a Decision?

This matchup is intriguing to me and I dont think Siver will be an easy out

Last edited:
siver will gas if the fight goes above the 2nd

Has he been gassing in his Decision W's at FW? Im only two of the fights.

It concerns me that he could not finish Nam Phan though

Silver has a chance but his style is tailor made for Conor which is why the UFC made this fight. They want Conor/Aldo and it will most likely happen

Silver has a chance but his style is tailor made for Conor which is why the UFC made this fight. They want Conor/Aldo and it will most likely happen

what about it is tailor made though?

His stance, the fact that he is slower than connor?

Siver has the punchers chance. Not much else. Needs to land a huge kick or hook which he hasn't done a whole lot of lately.

He is too slow, likes to fight from the outside, and is shorter compared to Conor.

Siver's key to victory is his groundgame. He's criminally underrated on the ground. His stand-up is way to sloppy to possess a threat to McGregor, who is the superior boxer.

I think unless he catches Conor with a big big shot

Siver's key to victory is his groundgame. He's criminally underrated on the ground. His stand-up is way to sloppy to possess a threat to McGregor, who is the superior boxer.

Agreed. Something about Connors stance makes it seems like he is tough to take down. I think his unpredictable movement makes it hard to time an explosive takedown attempt well. He doesnt lean into punches or throw wild and his balance is pretty darn strong.

You see alot of fighters getting taken down when an opponent throws a hay mayker or looping shot which Connor does not do. We need to see how Connor deals with being pressed up against the cage

McGregor will definitely land on him, and say what you will about McGregor, he hasn't got pillowfists. His punches do cause problems for his opponents when he lands. He'll land on Siver a lot in the first if Siver has a stand-up battle with him and he won't be able to take it for five rounds.

So I think Siver's only chance (barring the perfect kick/punch)is to completely stall the fight. I'm not sure if he can do it against someone as physically imposing as McGregor but Siver seems to be pretty strong as has a good base. I think that's his best chance in the fight, to stall McGregor against the cage and try to keep him there.

Im going to laugh so hard if Siver catches him with a spinning kick and finishes him.

Last edited:
Siver isn't overly durable, but i wouldn't say he has a glass jaw or anything.
Cerrone's shin bashing into your skull on a switch kick is a recipe for wobbly legs, Melvin finished him a while ago (within a minute i believe), and Cub. All three are pretty lethal offensively.

Siver has good grappling, maybe not elite grappling but good none the less. I hope to see him go to the ground with Conor.

McGregor will definitely land on him, and say what you will about McGregor, he hasn't got pillowfists. His punches do cause problems for his opponents when he lands. He'll land on Siver a lot in the first if Siver has a stand-up battle with him and he won't be able to take it for five rounds.

So I think Siver's only chance (barring the perfect kick/punch)is to completely stall the fight. I'm not sure if he can do it against someone as physically imposing as McGregor but Siver seems to be pretty strong as has a good base. I think that's his best chance in the fight, to stall McGregor against the cage and try to keep him there.

You beat McGregor with a classic counter punch style like Chuck had at 205. McGregor is too aggressive, you catch him coming in and put him to sleep. Only problem is, Siver doesn't have the tool set for that.

Back