is defending the RNC *that* hard??? (Trigg)

That would be Jason Miller, better known as MAYHEM!!!

this is just rediculous ok?.....Trigg has probably gone over every plausible escape there is....but the fact of the matter was, he was a wrestler who ended up on his back and he panicked, plain and simple. GSP was much more composed throughout the entire time, relaxed, took his time, picked his shots, and put too much heat on Trigg....this is not to say that it would go differently any other day, thats just the way it went down then. does trigg need to work on his Jiujitsu? sure, but dont anyone act like he has no knowledge of any escape, and just didnt utilize the cure-all to get out of a bad position, because such a thing doesnt exist in a fight, ok? he could probably tap out most of the armchair critics around here if he rolled with them.... I can defend a RNC pretty good when Im just rolling with someone, but they werent trying to beat me down.....this thread sucks, and I think its pretty insulting to Trigg. you think it is so easy escaping it, you go fight GSP, let him beat your ass, get your back, get the hooks in, and try to defend it.

I-Shoji said:
I'm not sure why noone seems to have shown him the neck-pull escape. When a guy has your back and you're on all 4's, reaching up behind your head and grabbing the back of their head allows you to pull them over you and roll your shoulder into them making it impossibly to hold your position or consider the choke. Its like getting can-opened.

I always know its coming when I roll with this one guy who does it so well and I can really seem to stop it unless I abandon the RNC effort to get my head away.
with GSP's hooks in, it wouldn't have done anything. GSP didn't have the normal ankle hook, he had a good portion of boths legs in.

i thought the same thing, but if you watch how far GSP has his hooks in you'll see it.

Smorra said:
Does anyone know of an escape to the palm-to-palm version of the RNC? .

the only way i've gotten out of the palm version is(if they have the left arm over your throat)

push your right shoulder back, get your right arm and push it up where there wrists are and fight to get it thru. Then clasp your hands together above your head and pull down like you're climbing a rope.

once it is sunk in I do not know of a way to get out of it. That way only worked when I knew they were going for it and needed to counter real quick like.

I-Shoji said:
I'm not sure why noone seems to have shown him the neck-pull escape. When a guy has your back and you're on all 4's, reaching up behind your head and grabbing the back of their head allows you to pull them over you and roll your shoulder into them making it impossibly to hold your position or consider the choke. Its like getting can-opened.

I always know its coming when I roll with this one guy who does it so well and I can really seem to stop it unless I abandon the RNC effort to get my head away.
I-Shoji said:

Trigg definitely knows that move (every folkstyler wrestler knows it) but it isn't very effective if your opponent is good with the legs in and Pierre kept in good position.
The pummelling sure didn't help any, it isn't like a grappling match were you could ride out the bad position & hold on to a point lead waiting for the round to expire; Trigg does that and he clearly loses one round on all judge's cards, gets his head beat on for 3 to 4 minutes and if it is bad enough maybe the ref stops it. Trigg took a gamble with the roll, hoping Pierre would loosen up a little and he didn't.
Or maybe it's what the old Okies say: he can't defend a leg ride worth a damn, hence he was better at freestyle than folkstyle wrestling.

TwIsTeD&BrOkEn said:
this is just rediculous ok?.....Trigg has probably gone over every plausible escape there is....but the fact of the matter was, he was a wrestler who ended up on his back and he panicked, plain and simple. GSP was much more composed throughout the entire time, relaxed, took his time, picked his shots, and put too much heat on Trigg....this is not to say that it would go differently any other day, thats just the way it went down then. does trigg need to work on his Jiujitsu? sure, but dont anyone act like he has no knowledge of any escape, and just didnt utilize the cure-all to get out of a bad position, because such a thing doesnt exist in a fight, ok? he could probably tap out most of the armchair critics around here if he rolled with them.... I can defend a RNC pretty good when Im just rolling with someone, but they werent trying to beat me down.....this thread sucks, and I think its pretty insulting to Trigg. you think it is so easy escaping it, you go fight GSP, let him beat your ass, get your back, get the hooks in, and try to defend it.

lol @ you for getting all offended, don't take my question/comments to the nipple man, it's just a fuckin question that has been answered pretty well by the rest of the posters

i'm not saying he isn't good at bjj, but shit- if i was beaten twice by the same move, i think i would have worked on getting out of a RNC every fuckin day in training (not to say he hasn't...)

you guys are right though, he is a wrestler that wins fights by dominating position.. i always thought pretty damn highly of trigg, but his flaws have been fairly obvious these last few fights

once they got ur back its pretty hard to escape. The problem is hes afraid of the punches so he turns his back quickly.

MTJJ_PuMpED said:
once they got ur back its pretty hard to escape. The problem is hes afraid of the punches so he turns his back quickly.

If they have your back it doesnt mean they have the choke...... look at sakuraba... thats how he fights.

Trigg was getting nailed with some big elbows. The guy done well to last as long as he did. He was under assault non stop almost from the start trying to fight GSP off him.

Uhm yeah it can be pretty hard when someone is on top of you striking

Unlike in the hughes fight when he turned his back in an attempt to escape in the GSP fight Trigg turned his back as a signal of "I give up". It was very clear to me that the last time he turned his back he looked like GSP had stolen his soul. His spirit was broken, and he just plain quit.

Gsoares2 said:
If they have your back it doesnt mean they have the choke...... look at sakuraba... thats how he fights.

But there is a major difference between giving your back as strategy (Sakuraba) vs giving your back in panic (Trigg).

That is why that is the worst position to be in. Your opponent can attack you relentlessly with out you being able to do anything. The question to Trigg shouldn't be about him getting RNCed so much. It should be why do you give up your back so easily?

instinct is my guess....one, its instinct to turn away from punches...thats something you have to teach yourself not to do, also, having wrestled for so long, somewhere trapped inside him is the "ok, hes on top of me, Im gonna turn my back now" reflex......he attempted to hip escape from the mount, but couldnt....GSP put pressure on him, throwing punches....the ref was yelling at him to do something, he couldnt do shit, but turn his back.

Bighead said:
That is why that is the worst position to be in. Your opponent can attack you relentlessly with out you being able to do anything. The question to Trigg shouldn't be about him getting RNCed so much. It should be why do you give up your back so easily?
forget it

Gsoares2 said:

Nobody fully gets their hooks in on Sakuraba, he never lets it get that far.

JKDmop said:
Unlike in the hughes fight when he turned his back in an attempt to escape in the GSP fight Trigg turned his back as a signal of "I give up". It was very clear to me that the last time he turned his back he looked like GSP had stolen his soul. His spirit was broken, and he just plain quit.

You, are a moron.

If you give your oppoent that much time on your back, the RNC is basically inevitable. GSP just waited for his chance and sunk the choke in at the right time.

RuleOfSteel2 said:
Trigg definitely knows that move (every folkstyler wrestler knows it) but it isn't very effective if your opponent is good with the legs in and Pierre kept in good position.

There was about a good 4 seconds when GSP had his head close enough and one of his arms posted down close to Trigg's head, which would have been a perfect time had he been aware of this escape.

Possibly, his head was too fuzzy from the shots he'd already taken.

I guess not everyone is Nog when it comes to that.

Back