Is DC vs Henderson...

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
One of the saddest fights to watch? I randomly rewatched it this morning because I remember how they fucked Dan. If people don't remember Dan was just coming off TRT not long before and got his head kicked off by Belfort. They made the rematch with Shogun and Dan was getting hurt bad the entire fight then had the come from behind H-bomb. It was DC's second fight at LHW I believe and was struggling to get down there. Henderson on the other hand couldn't get past 200lbs. I remember they showed Dan weighing in back stage and was like 199lbs or something and his wife says "baby :(" or something like that because he couldn't put enough weight on to make 205lbs.

We all know what happened next. DC's size alone was already a huge advantage and it looked like a man throwing around a boy. One of the worse matches every put together but I guess they wanted DC to have a name under his belt at 205.

It’s up there, right along side washed up Mirko vs Ubereem.

<DCrying>

In hindsight it’s pretty shocking that Dan even made it to the third round. Cormier had a massive weight advantage and Dan might as well have been 60 in that fight because he looked like it.

Sak vs arona sucked for me. I know sak was a dead man walking going in there with him.

That fight was the first time I heard the phrase "getting sonned".

tumblr_ot98g9xYKh1qlskhvo1_500.gifv

Sak vs arona sucked for me. I know sak was a dead man walking going in there with him.

One of my favorite fights.

Arona wouldn't take the bribes, not even to make him look even a little bit good for a while.

it was one of the most un-american things that has happened in the octagon

shame on dc

One of the saddest fights to watch? I randomly rewatched it this morning because I remember how they fucked Dan. If people don't remember Dan was just coming off TRT not long before and got his head kicked off by Belfort. They made the rematch with Shogun and Dan was getting hurt bad the entire fight then had the come from behind H-bomb. It was DC's second fight at LHW I believe and was struggling to get down there. Henderson on the other hand couldn't get past 200lbs. I remember they showed Dan weighing in back stage and was like 199lbs or something and his wife says "baby :(" or something like that because he couldn't put enough weight on to make 205lbs.

We all know what happened next. DC's size alone was already a huge advantage and it looked like a man throwing around a boy. One of the worse matches every put together but I guess they wanted DC to have a name under his belt at 205.

i don't think any version of dan henderson would have beaten dc. cormier knew better than to stand with dan, and cormier could take dan down all day if he needed to.

Saddest was Chuck Tito 3. Chuck was ko'd by a pillowfisted wrestler who used follow up punches and acted like he beat Chuck in his prime.

People hate Dana but he would never put on such a fight. It was gross.

Ironically dispite all the claims about Pride favouring Sak I think introducing knees on the ground was terrible for him as so much of his game was based on going in deep on single legs, Wand and Arona both destoryed him with knees.

I always associate Hendo's walkout with...

Played on an 8 track tape.

Back