Is DC the man to beat Jon Jones?

Somehow, I think he could take Jon out. Jon will not have any size or wrestling advantage he usually has.

I could see it being a pretty epic battle. The wrestling will likely be a wash, I just can't see Jones getting Cormier down, and when DC gets Jon down I find it wildly unlikely he can hold him there.

I have a little more faith in Jon having the ability to go five hard rounds, and he's got a giant reach advantage. Cormier hits much harder and will completely shut down Jon's wrestling game.

It's one of the most interesting fights in the UFC right now. Then again, Gus might derail it all together.

Cormier sure played it safe, he didn't want to box with Dan for anything.

I am very impressed by his wrestling. I have never seen an MMA fighter utilize wrestling so well.

He is going to do the same thing to Jon Jones he won't stand he will wrestle him & wear him down & likely submit him when he is tired.

DC just looks better every time I see him fight. If anyone will be able to defeat JJ it will be DC. If he can get inside I don't think anyone can shake DC off. I'm looking forward to the next to LHW defenses it should be incredible

I don't think so but if anyone is going to, it's him.

Yes - cant wait to see Jones Gus II and Jones DC

It took DC three rounds to wear out a 40 plus year old man, Jones will tear DC a new one and not break sweat

Not even close imo...
He has awesome wrestling, but he makes way too many mistakes on the ground.

I say Jones beats Cormier. I'd be rooting for Rumble against Jones though..

No, Gus will beat Jones into retirement.

I'm not saying a full yes, but as of today I give about a 30% chance. He looked good today, he showed that he can pace himself at 205 and not gas. He also looked fast and explosive, the only thing is Jones is also fast and explosive with a huge reach. So the question is, is DC fast enough to cover distance to clinch with Jones?

Yes he is. I've been saying that for a long time now. But of course most people are going to agree now because of domination. It sucks to be on the same wagon as noobs ugh.

Jones fights too well from a distance... but DC just needs to grab and lay on him so he might be Jones kyptonite... I still say Jones has too many tools to pick DC apart.

I dont think he is. Lot of great fighters in LHW, but Jones is Jones. Gus gave him a great fight, but not many else has done it.

I see Cormier doing good in LHW, but not becoming a champ

I'll be cheering for Cormier but I think Jones wins.

Yeah he's made me a believer now. I've never seen someone manhandle Dan fucking Henderson like that. If thats what he can do to Dan, I definitely think he can ragdoll Jones with his wrestling.

Back