Is DC the Chael to Jones?

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Seems like DC is the only guy who has enough confidence to beat Jones and like Sonnen did to Silva, has truly gotten under his skin. Ironically both DC and Sonnen are/were commentators for the UFC so their verbal games are on point. There's a good chance Jones comes out fighting emotional in this fight and DC could very well implement the same bum rush strategy Sonnen did to Anderson in their fights. Not saying it'll work against Jones but damn I'm excited for this fight like everyone else!!! Anyone else think DC is way more under Jones's skin than he's leading on to believe??

No, because he is actually going to win.

More the Weidman, Chael was an average fighter who matched up well with the champs weaknesses, DC is an elite fighter who matches up well with anyone

I really want the same outcomes though. I could care less if DC prayed inside Jones guard for 4 rounds, if Jones snaps on that triangle in fight 1 and destroys DC after a spinning backfist attempt in fight 2 then I'm OK with that. WAR KING BONES!

Jones is a Chael to DC. Too weak to resist.

DC is taking that BELT home tomorrow night!! Jon Jones is bother because he KNOWS hes going to be PUSHED beyond his limit. I see DC taking this either by Decision or submission...DC's gonna hurt him.

DC is a Chael to Jones Fedor. Anderson isn't his kryptonite. Long live Sakuraba.

Average #2 MW.

Lets be real about Chael. He was a very managed contender.

After Damian Maia and his history prior we all know, especially the UFC matchmakers, how to knock Chael out of any title contender race. You can pick the fights to knock Chael off as could I. And that is exactly what the UFC avoided doing.

Lets be real about Chael. He was a very managed contender.

After Damian Maia and his history prior we all know, especially the UFC matchmakers, how to knock Chael out of any title contender race. You can pick the fights to knock Chael off as could I. And that is exactly what the UFC avoided doing.

I guess we'll never truly know :)

I guess we'll never truly know :)

I know.

If I was UFC matchmaker before Chael got a shot at Anderson the first time he would have been forced to prove he could over come his one weakness. Why? Because what if he beats Anderson...do we then keep the top submission guys away from him to protect him as champ?

Imagine after his Maia loss if Chael had to get rematch Maia and prove he could beat him and then face Palharas for a top contender spot.

Would anyone bet on Chael getting to a title shot that way?

That Sonnen was #2 says a lot about how weak the MW division was during a large part of Silvas reign.

Truth.

And how is he called the greatest of all time?? Oh, that's right....the average person is incredibly dumb and will gobble up whatever is said on TV.

Back