Is DC the Biggest Threat to Jon Jones' Belt At LHW?

Augustus Caesar

ブッブーですわ
@Gold
Reaction score
f6a0e380-05f9-40fc-a358-704f1c66aaee_185381567.jpg

aysyrl.gif

bodyslam.gif

What do you guys think?

Idk, but I just noticed Roy's tattoo is a dragon. I always thought it said 108 and never knew why.

Hard to tell between him or Gus. We have little to no idea how well Cormier is going to be able to close the distance. He's never faced anyone 1/10th as good as Jones at keeping range, and it's the biggest reach disparity in UFC history apparently.

Jones might be able to keep Cormier on the outside with his teeps and shit and coast to an easy victory, or Cormier might be able to get inside and rough Jones up and possibly beat him.

Either him or Gustafsson, hard to say.

Gustafsson has proven that he is. We'll see what Cormier can do, personally I'm not expecting him to have much for Jones. Certainly not anywhere near as much as Gustafsson.

What are you expecting people to say? Ryan Jimmo?

On paper, yeah.

Whether it plays out that way is another story.

This is just as good as Bones vs. Cain. DC might be the number 1 HW in the world, we just can't see him and Cain fight.

Jones is the best fighter that Cormier will have faced. I don't know if the reverse holds true. If he was tossing Rashad around like he tossed Hendo around, even pattycake playing Rashad, I'd say that he would be. We'll see

Gus is the only threat to Bones at 205.

Cain is a threat to Bones no matter what.

The Black Emperor will win and Jones will have to move up to HW or retire.

I don't think so.

Gustafsson would be my guess.

I think Jones will have much less problems with Cormier than he had with Alex.

On paper, yeah.

Whether it plays out that way is another story.

This is just as good as Bones vs. Cain. DC might be the number 1 HW in the world, we just can't see him and Cain fight.

DING DING DING! Correct Answer!

I don't know why this isn't discussed more, honestly.

DING DING DING! Correct Answer!

I don't know why this isn't discussed more, honestly.

Yeah. This is the second ever superfight.

Bones was the HW GP Champion and he hasn't come close to losing since.

If he were still at HW, he would have every much a right to being the number 1 HW as Cain would, it's just if there's a glass ceiling and they won't fight each other, then there's no point in hanging out at HW with no possible title aspirations.

If Shogun, after winning the GP, fought Wand for the belt, there's no doubt people would have been calling it a superfight.

This is in the same boat.

It would seem that he is Jones' biggest threat. We'll have to wait and see.

LHW may be the worst division right now. It's not looking good. There's only two other guys doing well with Gus and Rumble. So when you only have two other guys to choose from it's tough to tell. lol

I can call Gus a threat because I've seen him perform against Jones. I don't know how DC will stack up against Jones, so I can't say anything about it. I can only hope he will be, because that keeps the division fun.

Back