Is DC strong enough to successfully wrestle Bones?

I think Jones will be on his horse this time, like during the Rashad fight (I think it was Rashad) he literally RAN away every time Rashad got close.

Covered his head and ran, got his distance, reset, repeat. Of course his technique has evolved since then, now he extends his arm all the way when he backpedals with his fingers spread wide, trying not to accidentaly poke the other fighter in the eye.

But really I dont know why we are all talking about the DC?Jones fight that may or may not happen. Pretty sure Jones is thinking about a different fight.

old roided,one trick pony who also did trt

hendersonKO.gif

i remember school fights from when i was 15, kids would fight better than hendo did against vitor

Seriously? You post that and talk about HenDo being roided up?

I think DCs success at HW with wrestling is a good indicator that he'll be able to get Jones down and keep him there.

Gus took Jones down, but more impressive was his ability to stuff Jones attempts at getting him down.

The word you were looking for was objective.

This. Also, DC almost brings new meaning to the term "rag-dolled". That's not to say Jon hasn't thrown around some people in his day, but the way DC leverages people like Hendo as if he was never an Olympian, and the way he made Barnett look like he was on a kid's ride gone awry... man, you just have to believe he's got the upper hand.

DC has done it/is doing it at both HW and LHW. Jon has been doing it to opponents nearly everyone agrees he has dwarfed in terms of size post weigh-in.

DC has proven his striking chops and you can't really doubt his wrestling at all. He basically has all the tools to dethrone the champion if Gus doesn't first.

It was much harder to imagine before seeing Gus give Jones some trouble in wrestling. Every other time, Jon's wrestling looked just as scary as DC's.

If DC gets ahold of Bones, I can definitely see him going for a ride.

Cormier is the better wrestler but he'll have a wide variety of bonesonian missiles waiting if he tries to get inside including the eye-tickle.

after seeing what he did to Hendo I have no doubt he that if he can get hold of Bones he will out wrestle him, whether he can get hold of him without getting beaten up is a different matter.

oh btw gerrrarrrd pool were unlucky this season.

Lets be honest.. We had a heavyweight practically throwing around a middleweight. So I wouldn't base your opinions on that fight although it was pretty impressive looking.

If someone in the division can outwrestle Jones, it's Cormier. If he will not be able to do it, no one will.

In my humble opinion... Dan Henderson is not a fight that DC needs before title shot. He wasnt even mad on Hendo. He iced him, like he was playing with child.

Jones can keep distance with his pitchfork finger attack to the eyes and has even nice foot work. He is one of the best wrestlers in the UFC, his standup is upredictible. Why Gus was so close to win - agressive, strong, tall boxer.

If Jones will keep distance it will be the same fight as it was with Rashad Evans against DC.

And I'm sad because Gus is not ready for a rematch. It should be Gus vs DC - and winner fight Jones. The guy that wins - will be ready for holding the title. Gus dispatched Manuwa like child. Same DC did to Hendo. They need 1 big war before title shot but they will not get it. I Hope Gus will win rematch but i dont see it.

silly question, of course he is. it isnt just about strength tho, which im sure Cormier has more of anyways, its technique. Cormier is at a whole other level than anybody in MMA.

Name me one fighter that DC beat that is better at defending himself against wrestling than Jones is?

Cormier will be nothing but a failed blanket if he fights Jones.

TS, I doubt strength will have anything to do with it. I'd reckon to say that Brock Lesnar was stronger than Couture, yet Couture held Brock against the cage for most of their fight. And that was old man Couture against a pre-diverticulitis Brock.

So as we know, technique > strength and DC competed in the Olympics. Doesn't get much higher than that. Not to mention Cormier dumped Josh Barnett on his head in a heavyweight fight.

I know amateur wrestling does not equal MMA, so I'm not saying who is the better "MMA fighter" as only time will tell that. But if I were betting on a wrestling match between the two, I'd go with DC.

DC will rag doll jones when (if) he gets his hands on him.

Name me one fighter that DC beat that is better at defending himself against wrestling than Jones is?

Cormier will be nothing but a failed blanket if he fights Jones.

Barnett is a good wrestler and he's 270ish odd lbs. DC threw him like a bag of shit.

Of course. DC should be the favorite. I think Dana will want to delay the fight until next summer, hope DC starts slowing down as he ages.

TS, I doubt strength will have anything to do with it. I'd reckon to say that Brock Lesnar was stronger than Couture, yet Couture held Brock against the cage for most of their fight. And that was old man Couture against a pre-diverticulitis Brock.

So as we know, technique > strength and DC competed in the Olympics. Doesn't get much higher than that. Not to mention Cormier dumped Josh Barnett on his head in a heavyweight fight.

I know amateur wrestling does not equal MMA, so I'm not saying who is the better "MMA fighter" as only time will tell that. But if I were betting on a wrestling match between the two, I'd go with DC.

DC also (when not injured) trains with Cain as his mani sparring partner. A bigger, stronger wrestler than Jones.

temp-320-53005636.gif

I'm pretty sure he's strong enough to give Jones trouble if he grabs a hold of him.

Back