Is DC a freak athlete?

Freak athlete 1 in 10,000. Is there even a question?

About 250,000 kids wrestle in US highschools every year. About 2,500 (1%) make it to the NCAA division 1. 20 (<1%) men make it to the national team.
-source

So he's literally the 1% of the 1% in at least one sport and he's a 2 division world champion in another. If that doesn't qualify as a freak athlete, I'm not sure what does.

DC is a freak athlete that benefited from less wear and tear from starting later in life with one discipline already mastered

It is a huge indicator of his athleticism, if Jones was an above avg athlete, with his height and length, dunking off one or two, would not be of an issue. 99% of NBA players of his same size, easily dunk off one or two.. there are plenty of guys in the world who are under 6ft tall, who can dunk off one or two.. it's called being an above avg athlete.
I'm specifically talking about dunking off 1 foot from a stand still position with no momentum. It most definatly isn't common unless your around 6'7 ish and even then you have you have to understand how to gather yourself. You're definitely going to look foolish doing it the first few times. Hell even if he was able take 2 steps greatly decreases the level of difficulty on jumping off 1 leg. Even if you have the athleticsm to do it, unless youve played basketball you will look ackward the first few time. It's just not a normal thing you do.

Last edited:
Dude is 40 and started MMA in his mid 30s, went years without losing a round and beat great fighters who were younger than him. Dude is deceptively fast for his looks and even Jones admitted that DC was faster than him at times.
Yoel is obvious but what about DC? Dude wrestled for a long time and came into MMA, was quick, strong as hell, with great cardio and tough as fuck.
Inb4 eyepokes and possible roiding.

love dc but he fought in weak division 205 and hw arnt very technical tbh that proves it as u said a guy can just come in and do this. lets see this happen at 135-170 in ufc

Yeah im 511 and could dunk with a running start.. I dont know many 6 foot 4ers who can dunk from a stand still
Well 2 feet off a stand still shouldn't be a problem if your 6'4 with that reach, but 1 step, 1 leg from a still position is not easy unless your a big and it's still gonna take a couple of tries because it's just not something you normally do.

It's hard for me to quantify "freak", but considering his resume he's a great at least. He hit the highest level in two different sports and two different weight classes in MMA, I don't think a lot of people grasp the magnitude of those accomplishments nor how athletic he is.

Looks like one of those rare dudes you comes across who's built like a refrigerator but can move like lightning

DC is without a doubt a freak! To carry the weight he does and still be fast and agile is pretty darn impressive. Wish he could have fought Brock Lesnar!

Yoel can explode from zero to full speed/power when he wants to. DC's a very good wrestler with lots of core strength and good speed. But he's not explosive like Yoel.

Dude is 40 and started MMA in his mid 30s, went years without losing a round and beat great fighters who were younger than him. Dude is deceptively fast for his looks and even Jones admitted that DC was faster than him at times.
Yoel is obvious but what about DC? Dude wrestled for a long time and came into MMA, was quick, strong as hell, with great cardio and tough as fuck.
Inb4 eyepokes and possible roiding.

29 isn’t really considered mid 30s.

love dc but he fought in weak division 205 and hw arnt very technical tbh that proves it as u said a guy can just come in and do this. lets see this happen at 135-170 in ufc
Never got this. Yeah, the lighter guys are faster but you can't tell me that DC isn't as technical of a wrestler than the wrestlers at the lower weights.

I think the appropriate word is WorldClass Wrestler
<30>

<36>

He's very fast for his size, especially for carrying so much fat and his cardio is respectable as well.
Not to mention that he's extremely strong.
All that in his late 30s/early 40s.
I'd say he's damn athletic.

Also: that thing with his allegedly suspect T/E ratio has been debunked, IIRC.
Yup, people were quick to start shit but his T/E levels were consistent for a guy his age. Cormier is a decade older than Jones, most people seem to forget that.

his raw athlecism isnt that Special, but his work ehtic is rediculus good.

Attempting to dunk of one leg and one step isnt easy and it's extremely ackward. This isn't really an indicator of Jon's athleticism. There are guys in the NBA that would look just as bad.
LOL. No.

Yes he was undefeated in 2 divisions and still would be if he wasnt fed a dose of CTE from the GOAT
Forced to fight a protected cheating athlete rife with all manner of banned substances*

DC should go back to LHW and finally beat jones that would solidify him as a goat tier fighter

Back