Is DC a freak athlete?

Of course he is. He is one of the GOATs. You dont get there without being a very good athlete.

He's a freak athlete in the MMA realm, but C to D-level in the grand scope of things.

Grand Scope?

Like all best athletes from all the nations of the world gathered to compete kind of scope?

1TJkCM8.jpg

Dude is 40 and started MMA in his mid 30s, went years without losing a round and beat great fighters who were younger than him. Dude is deceptively fast for his looks and even Jones admitted that DC was faster than him at times.
Yoel is obvious but what about DC? Dude wrestled for a long time and came into MMA, was quick, strong as hell, with great cardio and tough as fuck.
Inb4 eyepokes and possible roiding.
You disrespecting that Daniel Cormier goodness

Grand Scope?

Like all best athletes from all the nations of the world gathered to compete kind of scope?
NFL/NBA level explosive athleticism is way beyond DC, that's why he went to wrestling and MMA. And the true A-level athletes make in a week what he makes in a year.

Jones is probably the most skilled fighter we've ever seen.
I disagree, people like him and shiclt them would never sit near the upper echelon on if it wasn’t for their reach and height. Dc took the hw belt why can’t the undisputed p4p goat of mma do something a Michelin man from the 408 did

Last edited:
Of course he is. No one reaches 4th place in wrestling in the olympics without being a freak.

“ He was the senior U.S. national champion every year from 2003–2008, and represented team USA at the world level for each of those years. ” (Wikipedia)

To still remain competitive in his late 30’s and become champion in the UFC in 2 weight classes at that age, throwing around the likes of Josh Barnett and Stipe (remember the first rds of the 2nd fight) going on a 10-fight streak or something at HW being severely undersized, he’s absolutely an exceptional athlete.

I disagree, people like him and shiclt them would never sit near the upper exhale on if it wasn’t for their reach and height. Dc took the hw belt why can’t the undisputed p4p goat of mma do something a Michelin man from the 408 did
I've been advocating for height classes for ages now. Takes a lot of pressure off the fighters to cut weight, they could just bend their knees.

He took Rumble's best shot and then submitted him. Freak chin and resolve

This, though I still don't think Jones could dunk regardless of the setup.
I'm no Jones fan, but with his reach it would be alot easier than most guys at his height. You really need acceleration to attempt what he's doing at his height. I wouldn't be surprised if he could jump straight up off two legs and dunk.

Yes. There’s no question. He was 2.5 years into his mma career when he was torching guys like Bigfoot Silva and Barnett. Cormier took to boxing insanely fast. The only reason he doesn’t have a GSP-like resume is because of how late he started fighting.

Cormier is one of the most naturally talented mma fighters ever.

Seems like Daniel works his ass off more than anything. Has freak strength that would probably be there even if he didn’t fight or wrestle.

To be able to slap on that much Popeyes to his midsection and still be able to perform as well as he does? For sure that can only be called freaky.

DC is a solid B+/A- athlete.

He could have played any sport professionally if he had focused on them in his youth.
Easily a backup catcher in MLB batting 0.220, 3rd string NFL blocking fullback or a G-League backup point guard.

Back