Is Darren Till a boring fighter?

JustBLEED123

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Seems like he’s all about point fighting and doesn’t really go out there to execute. T-wood fight it’s like he was scared petrified, and ever since he’s just in there to play patty cake...thoughts?

Seems like he’s all about point fighting and doesn’t really go out there to execute. T-wood fight it’s like he was scared petrified, and ever since he’s just in there to play patty cake...thoughts?

I think he's vastly overrated and aside from a left hand (which only really worked against Cowboy who has the boxing defence of a hippo) he doesn't really have much in his arsenal.

Another overrated Brit. Just like Bisping and Leon Scott

Yes. The only time he was a killer was in a very favorable match-up with Cowboy. He is as cautious as they come.

Reactions: 2sk
His fight with Gastelum was one of the most boring fights in 2019. People talking about Costa not doing shit against Adesanya, look how Till did against Woodley - completely no offense landed, not even 1 significant punch.

He seems to be improving though, I thought you could make an argument he beat Bobby.

he is not boring, he had some good scraps vs whittaker and masvidal while it lasted. Arguably the most overrated fighter in the ufc roster, 6-3 record with only 1 finish vs ranked competition.

I thought his match with Wonderboy showed he's a top level point fighter, with a strong left hand and fairly okay Muay Thai striking, not the worst TDD either... I think he's got a lot to improve on defensively but if his footwork was a bit quicker and he gained some confidence he could really go far imo, still very young at 27, I also like how he trained Lutre Livre in Brazil for years.

Pretty much

For some reason i used to think he was a knockout artist. Then I looked at his record and realized he was another Leon Edwards.
who's the weird dude in your av?

Basically, yeah. He's not that entertaining, just a pretty strong striker who can game-plan quite well.

Yes
He's boring

He has that Muay Thai style of fighting, and I'm a big fan of Muay Thai, so I don't think he's a boring fighter.

Nah, not boring just a product of not being good enough to compete at the level he talked himself to. At MW he doesn’t have the size to dominate over his opponents, so I’m sure his opponents are much better at taking his shots as well.

he’s at that point where his skills can’t keep up with his personality. A combo of his talking and skill got him to where he is, sadly I don’t think he was able to maintain his place near the top due to falling apart mentally after a few losses. UFC now using him as a name to build other names off of.

7ab12b0a3fd38d6d79193f9339bf5963.gif

Yes.
Im pretty sure in one of his interviews he said that hes here not to get damaged and can out point anybody or some shit like that.
Watching him fight you just see hard sparring, its boring

He gets a knockdown almost every fight but doesn't seem to have the power to finish or seriously rock anyone bar Cowboy. I think it's because he sacrifices sitting down on his punches for movement and doesn't have that natural flatline power.

The action is very much dependant on his opponents style and stance
Pro:
Hunts down Masvidal, knocks him down and gets knocked out
Hunts down Cerrone and knocks him out
Hunts down Woodley and gets knocked out
Solid action fights earlier in his career.

Con:
Nothing happened against Gastelum, Wonderboy and Whitaker
I give him a pass for Wonderboy, because Wonderboy likes to point fight and make a fight boring himself. Also two southpaws
Gastelum is also a southpaw, same problem here. Half as much alligns for their left hand.
Against Whitaker, both were equally skilled, which made it a bit dull, but the fight wasn't that bad.

Conclusion:
Till has a great jab, but uses it not enough. If he can't line up the opponent for his left hand, he got problems.
Don't let him fight southpaws, which changes the angle and he is mostly good

Back