Is Darion Caldwell ready for UFC?

gotBooched

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Why have they not tried to sign him yet? I haven’t watched many of his fights but am very familiar with his college wrestling career and he is an absolute animal.

Dude is 30 years old with like a dozen fights in the no.2 NA promotion. If he's not ready now he never will be.

He got choked out by a D level fighter not so long ago, and has been beaten a steady flow of journeymen.

#NotImpressed

<GSPWoah>

From what I saw yes but eh I don't see him going far in the UFC

I highly doubt Dana is salivating at another smother wrestler. If he didn't sign Askren, Caldwell has no chance.

On another note, would love to see Chandler in the UFC. I'm almost hoping Bellator doesn't offer him enough during their exclusive negotiating period.

I like his last name, Caldwell. Sounds very Olde English, or possibly Cornish, something like that. War Caldwell, WAR England.

Why have they not tried to sign him yet? I haven’t watched many of his fights but am very familiar with his college wrestling career and he is an absolute animal.

I reckon he is ready. Dantas is amongst the best Bantamweights in the world IMO and he dominated him.

They should make a move, he would be a great addition to the BW division.

I think he's top 10 material already. With a bit of time he could challenge the belt imo.

Contract situation aside, he's definitely ready for better competition in the UFC. Not sure he would fare too well with the top guys at the moment but he would be a solid addition and still has lots of room to improve even though he's 30.

He would be a great fit at BW. That division is finally starting to come into its own and the more talent the better. Of course he could always end up being a Will Brooks/Hector Lombard as well once he faces stiffer competition but its worth the gamble for the UFC to sign him.

Acting like there isn't a load of complete bums in the ufc. There's no such thing as "ready for the ufc" for a bellator fighter anymore.

He is easily in the top 15. I hope he pushes for the UFC when his contract ends. But now he wants to fight at FW, vs Patricio Friere for the belt.

cause Viacom pays him a shit ton and he not want to come to the ufc for 12/12

Caldwell makes more money in Bellator than the 20/20 + reebok shit UFC would offer him.

The question is.. is UFC ready for Caldwell?

Back