Is Daniel Cormier's hype warranted?

SL9

Believe
Reaction score
Some of the things I've heard on here are how Cormier would drop down to 205 and ragdoll Jones.

So what do you think? Has Cormier done enough to earn all this hype, we know he's a top level wrestler with good hands but have we seen him against enough top competition to say he's beat Jones?

Don't think so.

Thoughts?

You don't think completely dominating Barnett and Bigfoot warrants the hype? Yes, you are insane.

Jones would still be favored over Cormier, but not in the -500 range we saw against Machida/Evans/Rampage/Belfort/Sonnen.

Olympic wrestler, NCAA all american, NJCAA hall of fame, All state and state championship in high school 3 years in a row, knocked out Bigfoot in the first round, rag dolled Josh Barnett for 5 rounds

yes, its warranted

More than his reach, Jones has owned everyone by being able to manhandle everyone. He will not be doing that against Cormier. That alone makes it one of the few interesting challenges left for Jones.

You don't think completely dominating Barnett and Bigfoot warrants the hype? Yes, you are insane.

Jones would still be favored over Cormier, but not in the -500 range we saw against Machida/Evans/Rampage/Belfort/Sonnen.

Not enough to suggest he could beat Jones. Cormier is of course very talented.

Yes, I jumped on the bandwagon after he manhandled Barnett. I really thought Barnett was going to derail that hype train, but Cormier is a legit beast.

But is the Barnett he fought still a top level fighter? Cormier is raw talent, I'll reserve my judgement about him until he fights some top competition in the UFC.

But is the Barnett he fought still a top level fighter? Cormier is raw talent, I'll reserve my judgement about him until he fights some top competition in the UFC.
Who should Cormier fight and in what division?

It's a solid claim to make.

Lets see how his cardio works out at 205 but Cormier is very strong and skillful. Work ethic is also no issue.

he's got incredible skills, has looked fantastic in all of his fights, and just keeps looking better each time.. if you can't hype Cormier, who can you hype?

I just hope he can make 205 without hurting himself.

I think if he changes up his entire diet and training he can transform into a 205 pounder without cutting tremendous weight in the traditional sense.

I think Jones will beat him though.

Who should Cormier fight and in what division?
That's a tough question..

If he fought at HW, he could fight guys like Carwin, Nelson, or Werdum before testing truly testing himself against the JDSs, Overeems, and Cain

At LHW, the Rashads, Hendersons, Sonnens, and Machida before Jones.

In my honest opinion I think at HW he would ram through Nelson and Werdum and have trouble with Carwin, judging by his performance in those fights I could say if he could take Cain and the rest.

At LHW I think he could take Rashad and Henderson, but he might have problems with Sonnen's pace and wrestling and Machida's elusiveness.

I was impressed with his decision over Barnett, hyped for me? Probably no, I want to see him face some middle to high tier HW's though.

He is 100% focused because his woman won't let him do anything else. I think he would have a really good shot at Jones.

Yes the hype is warranted!! Olympic caliber wrestler with fast hands, power and good boxing technique DC is an absolute beast not many guys can put a beating on Barnett the way DC did.

Some of the things I've heard on here are how Cormier would drop down to 205 and ragdoll Jones.

So what do you think? Has Cormier done enough to earn all this hype, we know he's a top level wrestler with good hands but have we seen him against enough top competition to say he's beat Jones?

Don't think so.

Thoughts?

Destroying Barnett and Bigfoot definitely makes him a Top 5 HW.

I don't know if it's warranted that he could lose weight and cut to 205, and keep his abilities. That's something people assume too much about.

But at HW, there is no doubt that he is a contender.

I wanna see a rematch - DC vs Barnett. Boetsch demonstrated how bad breaking your hand can affect you.

Olympic wrestler, NCAA all american, NJCAA hall of fame, All state and state championship in high school 3 years in a row, knocked out Bigfoot in the first round, rag dolled Josh Barnett for 5 rounds

yes, its warranted

Hell yeah, he is the biggest potential talent right now and one of the best fighters in the worlds.

Cormier in my opinion is even better than Cain

I just hope he can make 205 without hurting himself.

I think if he changes up his entire diet and training he can transform into a 205 pounder without cutting tremendous weight in the traditional sense.

I think Jones will beat him though.

That's one thing I don't completely understand.
Wouldn't losing that gut equal a 20 pound loss right there?

Back